Thread: Logitech C910 webcam not showing video on Mac Pro

Logitech C910 webcam not showing video on Mac Pro

I am using the Mac Pro in my home and it is for my personal use only. I didn’t have any webcam in that. For that I have purchased a new Logitech C910 HD webcam. The Mac recognizes the camera and accepted the webcam driver along with its software. When I open the Preview window from the application, I didn’t see any video in that. It seems to me that the Webcam is not capturing any video. However when I got for checking the Mic integrated in it, it was working fine. The ichat showing me that the cam is using by an addition app. There was no other running app in my Mac because I verified it several times. None of the messenger shows video through this camera. What can I do now?

Re: Logitech C910 webcam not showing video on Mac Pro

It seems to be the issue with your Mac Pro’s USB port. First of make sure that you have plugged the webcam directly to the system’s USB port, not by the use of any extension cables or by any other adapters. If you have already installed any other webcam driver on same USB port then I think it is interfering with current installation. So just try different port for the re-installation of the webcam. If still it is not showing the video then try the cam in different Mac and check it. it could be the compatibility with the version of Mac OS X.

The Mac or OS X offers it own default video capture program. The best example is the ichat. If it is running in the background then it might be using the webcam. Just disable it while you running the Logitech software. If the skype or any other third party messenger running in the back ground then it might be using the same webcam. If many applications uses same cam then it could be an issue in Mac. Make sure that your newly installed cam is showing under the drop down list of iCamSource. Furthermore check that the C910 is working in Photobooth.

It is probably the issue of the Mac OS X. It seems to me that you are still using the older version of Mac OS X. You need to check whether your version of OS x supports the USB camera or not. At the beginning the apple didn’t support the USB cameras. Apple began sustaining USB cameras that hold up the UVC standard. So you need to first get the latest version of Mac OS X in order to work it properly.

Logitech has already released the newest version of webcam software for Mac through support particularly intended for the HD Pro C910 webcam. By the use of this software now you are able to make, capture and distribute in Full 1080p through C910 and can support Mac computers (running OS X 10.5 or superior). This webcam can record within 720p, 1080p plus capture huge 10 MP images. The software also provides the simple drag and drop feature for several well-known social networking sites.

The Logitech software software contains Logitech Vid HD, the open, quick, and simple method to create video calls by the use of Logitech webcams. Currently you can create 720p video calls from Mac, and bond in HD to friends as well as family on a Mac, PC otherwise TV by means of the Logitech Revue as well as TV Cam. Like I mentioned it is HD. So if you are using the older version of Mac OS X then it will not properly support the HD as well as this new version of software. The ichat also may not able to display the HD video.