Thread: Big Focus Increment on Logitech C910 webcam

Big Focus Increment on Logitech C910 webcam

I heard that now the Logitech is developing High Definition webcams for Desktop computers and also for Laptops. I have been using a Logitech webcam which is very old. The video quality is very good in this but it is not HD. For that reason I have bought the new webcam from Logitech called C910. It is working well in my computer but I didn’t find the proper way to change the settings. I am looking for a method to modify the focus step size. For each click it makes excessively huge an increment while demanding to focus on something close.

Re: Big Focus Increment on Logitech C910 webcam

I don’t think that you will have complicated settings for your Logitech webcam. This is because the Logitech offers its own program along with webcam to customize settings according to your needs. The click option is depends on the mouse settings I think except not on the webcam configuration menu. . Otherwise it may be also possible that you have not configured the Focus or Zoom option properly. Just decrease the Focus length to 50% and see how will it going to focus on the object.

It seems to me that it's this setting has something to do with the developers. However the step size settings are the default settings. The step size values will be mentioned during the coding of the driver that is intended for that particular webcam. I didn’t find any of the settings regarding the step size in the program that came with my Logitech C910 webcam. So when I looked into Logitech forums, I have got one PDF file in which I have got the complete description of Driver implementation and execution.

I have been using the Standard software that came with my Logitech webcam. However I am also looking for a way to change the focus step size in any manner but I couldn’t find even a single option to change it anyway. The version was not old because I have bought this webcam a month before. So I think that the Logitech didn’t offer the required or sensible settings yet. When I compared to older version software there I got the finer focus.

In some of the webcam control or stop-motion programs, you can get several menus which let you to control each and every one of the settings of any kind of camera you are using with your computer. I know that the Logitech also have a good program for its series of webcams as well as for spycams. Go through the program and find the proper menu for changing the Focus step size. It must permit you to alter the whole thing by the use of sliders. Some time you may need to put values manually. I have found the similar settings in MonkeyJam. I think that it is far more better than the official Logitech programs.

Whatever the setting you are looking for your webcam can be found only under the program that is offered by Logitech. First of all I urge you to look under the Video Settings > Camera Dialogs > device. In the Device window you may notice nearly 3 tabs I think. As long as the Focus settings or slider concern it might be beneath the Device settings. I have found this slider only in MonkeyJam. I don’t have any idea about other program which are using for it.