Thread: Logitech C100 Webcam not functioning with Skype

Logitech C100 Webcam not functioning with Skype

I got serious problem regarding my webcam. I have bought Logitech C100 webcam tonight. I have installed the driver that came with this webcam. My Logitech C100 webcam is working fine with Quick cam software. In this application I can see the photo or video. But the problem is that when I use Skype software it does not work but audio can be heard means audio works fine, I can see the green light on of the camera. If anyone else have faced same problem I would request to share his experience. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Logitech C100 Webcam not functioning with Skype

Hello friend I have read your issue regarding your webcam. From my point of view there is no problem in your Logitech C100 webcam. If it is defective it should not also work with Quick cam software. It is running very well. I think there is problem in your Skype software you have installed in your system. I will suggest you that uninstall this Skype software and reinstall it again. And don’t remove your webcam. I think it does some setting while installation. It will take webcam configuration. Just try this friend. If it does not work please let me know.

Hello friend, Firstly, I would like to thank for giving your opinion about the problem. I followed the instruction given by you. But it did not work in my case. I have tried this on my friend computer having same configuration like me. Except he is using windows XP operating system whereas I am using window 7 operating system. Logitech C100 webcam is working perfectly in his computer. Reinstallation of the Skype did not work. Please let me know where would be the problem.

Hello friend, now I am sure that there is problem in your application only not in your Logitech C100 webcam. It is compatibility problem. You should try another version of the Skype. It may work. If you are using the latest version please downgrade it otherwise upgrade it. Which can be supported by your Logitech C100 webcam? There is no issue except compatibility. I will say to try this webcam with Yahoo messenger. If it is work fine then try to change the version of Skype.

I am having similar kind of problems. I thought it would be a matter of Skype version, but I tested with other software also like yahoo messenger and I am getting the same problem. But Quick catch Software always seems work well, so I think it should be somewhere between Logitech and windows operating system. It's strange because I had this camera before and it was running very well. Then he got a new hard drive, reinstalled everything from scratch and does not work.