Thread: Can we use Logitech G700 on multiple computers?

Can we use Logitech G700 on multiple computers?

I had brought this mouse quite some time ago and I was under the assumption that this mouse would be readily usable with the multiple computers. I was thinking to make different users profile and from there I could have a access to the different computers and the button functionality would remain the same. So I was thinking that I would be able to do that but sadly I could not. I have my own system which runs on the xp operating system and also one of my friend has the mac operating system. So when I used my mouse in his mac operating system it was running very good and when I tried working with the same mouse in my xp system sadly I was unable to do that. So what can be the problem here? Can you suggest me some solutions here then do let me know about it.

Re: Can we use Logitech G700 on multiple computers?

Have you used the profile manager properly to switch between the profiles? I suppose you may have not made use of that properly. If you have some problems then make use of the onboard memory manager with the help of that move the profiles to the memory and accordingly use the profile switch button to make use of the profile that you would like to further use. So I suppose you have got the method that I am trying to explain here. There might be a possibility that you may have missed a step here or so and hence the result. Otherwise the mouse can be used in multiple computers.

Ok, I will again have a look at the method that you have suggested here and accordingly will get back to you on this. The thing is that I have assigned different buttons for the mac as well as the windows profiles but it seems that all the buttons are running fine in the mac operating system but it is not running well with the windows. Don’t know what is the problem here. Anyways I will have a another look at the method that you have suggested here and will get back to you if there is any change in the result.

Looking at the topic even I would like to add something here even in my case it is not running properly in the windows and that too in the windows xp edition. In order to run properly I have to make use of the Boot Camp on my Mac operating system which is there in my second laptop. With the help of that only that I am able to run the mouse in it. So this is what I have to say here and I suppose many this problem is not with the others also. So I suppose they may be not having the problem with this particular keyboard.

Count me as the another user who is having the problem with this mouse. It is giving a lots of problem as some of the buttons of the mouse is not responding at all. Even I have the windows xp operating system and in my opinion the xp is the best operating system that is being released by the Microsoft people but this mouse is not at all running well in my system. Is this a common problem with the windows xp or is it happening In my system only? Why is this happening? Please do answer my query?

Have you checked the mouse in other system? If not then do check if it is running well or not? In the problem that you have described I think there must be some problem with the driver of your system and hence it is giving you the problem. So first do look out for the basic solution see if your system is satisfying the basic requirement of the mouse and then check with the other system. See the problem is not with the windows operating system, it can be any hardware conflict which is causing the problem.