Thread: XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 Cooling Fan for AMD processor

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 Cooling Fan for AMD processor

I'm liking the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 for my AMD processor. I was surprise about some sort of bolt all the way through kit for it. The pin things that come with it does not seem the best way to ensure that. It would be good to ride in what you do not block my RAM slots. I've seen some kits for cooler than other people have said that could work for it. I'm just a little unsure about them. This is the first computer that I built in a couple of years, so I'm a slightly tarnished when it comes to cooling hardware.

Re: XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 Cooling Fan for AMD processor

HDT-S1283 and HDT-S983, which both have the distinction of being fitted with technology HDT (Heat-pipe direct touch) found on the OCZ Vendetta model. The HDT that could also call POD or CDT (not to be confused with an anagram widely used on the forums) allows, we will see, to really improve the heat exchange between the die and heatsink. This is thanks to this technology, you will understand, put in direct contact heat pipes and the processor: it rules out an intermediary, the performance can only be better in theory!

We must also raise an issue that we met with the third robber in this comparison that ultimately only appears in pictures. Indeed, the AIO-S80DP us was proposed by the manufacturer should on paper be a miniature set of relatively efficient watercooling. Unfortunately we must admit, this product was clearly far to meet our requirements and tests we conducted later confirming this path, so we decided not to include it in this folder. On this point, it is clear that Xigmatek ... can do better!

The HDT-S1283 Red Scorpion has 3 heat pipes of 8 mm thickness for maximum heat dissipation. In addition, these heat pipes are in direct contact with your processor, thermal conductivity is guaranteed! Its 12 cm silent fan coupled to its system of cooling fins anti-vibration allow you to cool your processor in the best conditions and in silence. But the Red Scorpion HDT-S1283 does not stop there, with a unique spoiler, it will also guide fresh air to the components surrounding the processor. Available at an extremely attractive, radiator Xigmatek HDT-S1283 Red Scorpion is on its way to become a new reference!

They now welcome three brand Xigmatek coolers. These are the Achilles S1284C HDT, HDT and HDT SD964 Dark Knight S1283. The fan is ideal: efficient (which is not always won), not too expensive, not too big, quiet and easy to assemble. In the range of three Xigmatek heatsinks tested, the Achilles S1284C HDT, HDT and HDT SD964 Dark Knight S1283, the first is the most gifted, the closest portrait robot described above. The second interest him, for his greater compactness, the latter is generally good - but it lacks the little extra to distinguish it from its rivals.

The Digital just add 3 CPU coolers to their base. Now have three models in 120 of the Xigmatek brand that happens on the test bench. We thus find the technology HDT (Heatpipe Direct Touch) coolers and the following: The Achilles S1284C HDT, the HDT SD964 and the Dark Knight HDT S1283. With its S-Series HDT, German Xigmatek is a bit like AMD and Nvidia, by multiplying the references of its products. The Dark Knightest the latest version of the HDT-S1283 and Computerbase proposes a test to get an idea of what this great cooler is dressed in black.