Thread: Logitech Pro 9000 not Recogized by Windows 7 64bit

Logitech Pro 9000 not Recogized by Windows 7 64bit

I have an issue with my webcame. I bought Logitech Pro 9000 webcame yesterday. I bought this webcame for my desktop computer. It is working perfectly on this system. I have window XP operating system installed on my desktop computer. Problem is that when I attach this web came to my Laptop it does not recognized. I have windows 7 64 bit operating system installed in it. So suggest me the way how to make it working on laptop. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Logitech Pro 9000 not Recogized by Windows 7 64bit

Hello friend, I read your problem regarding Logitech pro 9000 webcame. As per the my knowledge windows 7 automatically detect the device connected to it and install the driver for it. I have also a Logitech webcame. I never need to install the driver for webcame. I have also windows 7 installed on my machine. So I don’t think it is problem of the operating system. I don’t have laptop so I never faced this type of problem. So I will suggest trying something else. There is no need to installed driver from CD.

Hi guys, if window 7 has taken the driver of your webcame it does not mean that it will have driver of all the devices. It mainly support audio and video driver. The devices that come in market newly. How it could have the driver. I will suggest you to install the driver from the CD that come with webcame. Just you have to choose drive for the window 7. Browse the CD and look for window 7 compatible driver and install it. Then reboot your system now you can use your webcame.

Hello friend I think there problem due to two cameras is being used. Because, there is a camera inbuilt in the laptop. And you are tried to put another one. If you want to use this webcame you first need to disable the laptop camera. Go to device manager right click on the camera option then select uninstall. Then only try to install the driver for Logitech pro 9000. I think now you can use your newly bough webcam in your laptop. But I am not sure. I never tried.

Hi guys, I don’t know that you are right or not but from my point of views it sound the problem of the operating system. As mentioned in the question windows 7 64bit operating system is being used. Most of the driver that I come across is 32 bit only. It may be chance that driver you are trying to use is 32 bit. It will never run on the 64 bit operating system. It should automatically install the driver if not you should install 64 bit driver from the internet for your webcame.