Thread: Logitech G500 mouse automatic Profile Detection and switching

Logitech G500 mouse automatic Profile Detection and switching

My computer is running with windows Vista 64 bit in which I have installed the Set point 5.20,40 (64 bit version). I have bought the G500 mouse from Logitech. While working with this mouse in my computer I realized that the automatic profile discovery is not operational for me. Only the general profile is working with some game. Is there a solution for this issue? I have already checked the 'switch profiles automatically' preference. I don’t know what I should have to do further.

Re: Logitech G500 mouse automatic Profile Detection and switching

Even I have also got the similar issue in my computer both in Window vista and Windows 7, also in both 32bit and 64bit. I have tried several configurations by changing options but none of them worked at all. At last I have managed to find the solution and that is you need to configure you .exe within the Application Detection. After that on top of the Profile Manager screen export every profile to the file like, "My G500 Profiles".

Your finest bet is to generate your game profile. Set off to Profile Manager and choose the preference that deactivates the automatic switching and afterward pick your game profile and next scroll down and strike burn. This will store it to your mice onboard memory. Click apply and ok now. The Auto trait doesn't work extremely fine, if in any way, particularly with game and additional games through launchers. You presently alter it rear to General Profile by going through the similar steps over, apart from select General Profile and after that Burn, apply and OK.

I obtained the auto-profile switching to function with my warcraft which made me extremely joyful bearing in mind a few of the additional comments on this and additional threads. After restarting my computer it again stopped working. This is extremely annoying since this useful feature appears to settle on to work or not work on its personal settlement. Logitech wants to find on this trouble quick these user end 'fixes' must not be essential. I hope that they will fix it very soon.

After several tries it started working in my computer. I don’t know what trick I did luckily it worked for me. In order to achieve this one should log in as Admin in his/her computer. For other users I don’t have any idea yet.
    • Run the Setpoint from the Start Menu with Admin
    • Export each and every one of profiles in setpoint
    • Open msconfig and uncheck setpoint from startup tab and Apply it
    • After restarting the computer it worked fine.

It seems to me that you are not selecting the correct .exe file for this program you're connecting it to. For instance, I have generated a Starcraft 2 profile. I coupled it to the mainly probable .exe file but it didn’t work. After there was another exe file and I also added it. After this it started working. Make sure to link all the appropriate .exe files. Setpoint does not have the proper permissions to do what it needs to do