Thread: Set dealy for Logitech G500 mouse using Setpoint

Set dealy for Logitech G500 mouse using Setpoint

I am currently using the Logitech G500 mouse with onboard memory. I want to put a delay for left button. The delay is 97ms after each click. For that reason I have installed the Setpoint in my computer but this program will not allow me to set a macro to this button. Is there any possible way to set it? I want to set it on onboard memory, not anywhere else. Does anybody know how to assign that value in ms?

Re: Set dealy for Logitech G500 mouse using Setpoint

I don’t think that you can get any problem with assigning the macro values. There are several options which you should select for this. You must create new macro. for this :
    • Open the Setpoint and Click Macro Manager
    • There select the preferences called enable Macro. You might get several options there:
      • Record Keystroke
      • Record Mouse
      • Record Delay
      • Macro Type
      • Single Keystroke:
      • Multiple Keystroke
    • Configure it according to your needs and apply to your mouse.

Macros are little scripts or pre-assigned actions that perform while the allocated button is pushed. Once made, macros can be allocated to buttons just similar to additional tasks. You might have created Macro I think but you need to properly edit it otherwise the value will not change. You can edit the macro by the following way.
    • Right-click on substance to put in extra recording previous to or following your chosen point, put in delays, and correct delays.
    • NOTE: To add delays, ‘Record Delay’ has to be checked.
    • If you desire to erase a potion of the macro, click one time on the division you desire to get rid of, afterward push Delete.
    • Following making the essential edits, for all time push Save to save the modifications.

I think that you are still using the old version of setpoint and that is not compatible or may not be working properly with G500 mouse. So you need to get the latest version of setpoint. I think that the new version starts from 6 series. Download and install it in your computer and see what you can get from that. If your Right click button is configured for some other task rather than the default task then I don’t think that you can set the Macro.

It seems to me that you haven’t added the macro properly to your computer. You need to set proper version prior to assigning the values as ms. You are telling that you need add 97ms delay. So while inserting this value put it as 097 rather than just 97. I have seen that the macro value accepts only as 3 digits. If you are going to assign in 2 digits then it may not accept the values.

I don’t think that the Setpoint is making trouble with setting macro or editing Macro. It is about the mouse which you are using. If the mouse button does not capable for delay or any kind of settings then I don’t think that you can set it in any manner. Otherwise it may be also possible that that value which you are trying to add might be very small. Just increase it and try. You can definitely achieve it.