Thread: Logitech G700 mouse for Mac OS X

Logitech G700 mouse for Mac OS X

I am looking forward for buying the Logitech G700 mouse only for my Mac Pro. I am big fan of game and I need this mouse to play Warcraft and some Steam games. When I looked into the Logitech website there it told that G700 requires Windows. I hope that this mouse will work in my Mac well but I don’t think that I can customize its buttons by using Logitech Control Center. Does anybody know how can make this mouse work with Mac?

Re: Logitech G700 mouse for Mac OS X

I have used the G700 mouse in Mac and here is what I want to tell you about the experience. I have tried to configure the different mouse buttons for different task but it didn’t achieve on Mac. The Logitech says the all the preferences will be stored inside the Mouse’s memory. I think that due to this I cannot configure it to Mac. However the G700 mouse will not work on mac as good as it works on Windows. You can observer lots of difference with it.

We at present do not encompass software for the G700 to be settled on Macs, except it's completely probable to make use of the onboard memory to situate a profile, and after that utilize that profile natively on top of Mac OS X. I believe OS X does several mouse smoothing that looks like to grounds tracking aliasing to happen at superior report rates, and placing the mouse toward 125/sec will permit the mouse to play by the side of the speed that the OS is waiting for.

As far as I know that the Setpoint program that is developed for the Logitech mouse, will work both on Windows OS and Mac OS X. There will not be any issue with that. However the Drivers might be issue for that. If the Mac OS X does support the USB drivers for Mouse then you don’t need to worry about because you can configure the mouse buttons in any manner for any applications.

USB Overdrive 3.0.1 is a version utility and smarter, quicker, more dominant and easier to employ .It provides much better user interface for configuration. This new version adds the support to numerous other devices. No matter what kind of mouse, keyboard, trackball, trackpad, gamepad and joystick you use, this program will support this. You can configure those devices in any manner then either for normal usage or for power usage like gaming.

If you cannot make use of the Setpoint for Logitech G700 mouse on Mact then there are different utility which will allow you to configure any kind of mouse on Mac depending on your needs. Otherwise there are several shell or command prompt based program which will enable you to set the mouse buttons by the use of commands rather than the Graphical user interface. If you try to search in Google you will get lots of applications for Mac to configure mouse buttons.