Thread: Gigabyte UD3R Rev2 new build.

Sola2k Guest

Gigabyte UD3R Rev2 new build.

Before i start, i have tried searching EVERYWHERE for a solution. Nothing has worked. Some people have extremely similar issues to what i am having e.g
    First of all, here are my exact hardware specs. I'll elaborate on what i've tried afterwards.
    Intel Core i7 960
    Thermaltake ToughPower XT 875W
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard Rev2
    Lite-On iHBS212 12x Blu-Ray Disc Writer with LightScribe
    Corsair CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 12GB (3x4GB) Dominator
    Seagate Barracuda 500GB ST3500413AS
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Super Overclock.

WELL...
    As soon as i press power, it powers up but i dont get any display on my monitor (Screen works, tried it on my laptop before).
    Weird thing is, i had to remove the 12v 8pin ATX cable (located top left of CPU) because when i had it plugged in, i would power on the system and it would reset every 2 or so seconds. Once i removed it, it no longer kept restarting. Now when i switch on it just hangs. Ive tried both PCIx16 slots, no avail. Every fan works. I plugged in a speaker but there is nothing to indicate a hadware failure (bleeps). I have not installed an OS yet (intend to install 64bit win7 pro but obviously cant). I have no USB plugged in, only the HD (Sata3) and i cant see that being an issue although here is where i think my issue may. My PHASE LED is showing (2 green, 2 yellow, 2 red) and my NB PHASE LED [or DDR Voltage] which shows (2 green, 2 yellow). So i'm guessing an overvoltage issue (since they are overvoltage led's)?
    I only have 1 DDR3 in the 3_3 slot (tried 3_1 slot).
    All screws have been fastend in the mobo in the right places, i dont believe its an earthing issue...
    This is not my first build, im not a techy by any standard (actually landscaper) but i've utterly hit a brick-f'n-wall.
    If you have any more questions/answers (i think i've covered everything) please say so.

as you can see in this photo is where the LED's are lit up.

Re: Gigabyte UD3R Rev2 new build.

Do one thing. This is your first build and you will need to check that all the hardware are compatible with your motherboard or not. First connect the motherboard, fix your cpu and ram and then boot. If possible try to boot without the ram. You must see the bios output. Then one by one connect each hardware and check. This is a new build and there is definitely no error except if any hardware has a manufacture defectd.