Thread: "Webcam or computer requires restart", error message in windows 7

"Webcam or computer requires restart", error message in windows 7

In last night I encountered this error message in my system with my web cam, when I was tried to access the web cam, after click on the web cam icon in desktop screen this error message "Webcam or computer requires restart" appears. This the first time I encountered this problem in my windows vista Dell XPS laptop, the system was running fine till the last date with all of its features and with the hardware functions. I am not able to open my web cam, what should be the cause of this problem, is there any solution for this issue. Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: "Webcam or computer requires restart", error message in windows 7

If you are using any third party web can driver then simply download desire driver from the web site and replace with the existing one, and then reboot your system I hope by this process you will be able to overcome from the problem. I was also facing similar kind of problem with a third party web cam driver, after that when I was also applied same problem and the problem solved by this, I hope this will surely help you.

The problem is also occurring for the other application this is applied in your system, the software that you installed for the web cam, might not be allowed to execute with the other application process, for that i recommend you to check inside the process tab, and kill that process which is collaborating with the other application process. I was also facing with this type of problem with the process of the web cam software, after that I searched and found that the web cam process was running with the other application process, I kill that process and simply overcome from the problem.

According to me I would like to suggest you to check the web software version, in some of the cases I found these types of error message comes if the software version is outdated, in that case you need to upgrade the software version, download the latest version software and replace with the existing one. It will surely help you to resolve the issue. This is only solution for this type of problem.

Reload the web cam driver, for that open the device manager and from there open the web cam tab and right click on the driver name, now choose the update option by right click on it, select advanced recommended option, it will direct you to locate the driver installation program from its desire stores location. Browse and run the installation process it will replace the existing one, one of my friend was also facing relevant issue, after that he was also tried with this process, and the problem is solved with this, I hope this will also help you to resolve this problem.

I am also facing a issue with the web cam, whenever I tried to open the web cam in my system, it flashes a pop up error message into the screen, that the web cam is topped working, I need to forcefully stop the execution of the web cam. After encounter this problem first time I reboot my system instantly and did not applied nay other trick, today I applied the above mentioned tricks but nothing was helped me. now i am looking for the other tricks to resolve this issue, is here anyone having any other idea on this issue.

Are you using any external web cam in your system then be sure that the web cam is properly plugged, and the hardware device driver is installed properly, along with this also make sure that the driver is up to dated, because I was also facing similar type of problem, after that when I searched for the solution of this problem, I found that the problems I arrived for the hardware driver, then I download the latest version of the driver and replace with the earliest one, the problem is resolved with this process. so I recommend you to go through this, I hope it will surely help you to resolve the issue.