Thread: is it better to install 2 diffrent os on asingle or diffrent hard drive

is it better to install 2 diffrent os on asingle or diffrent hard drive

I am now with two hard drives installed on my computer, it is best to install Windows 7 and Linux on the similar hard disk among different partitions, or should I install on dissimilar hard drives ... I don’t have more knowledge about it so please tell me what are the disadvantage and what are the advantage of single option. If you have any better suggestion so please provide me it will help me and better for me. I am very thankful of yours.

re: is it better to install 2 diffrent os on asingle or diffrent hard drive

Unless you are very wrong, you may appear to have two hard drives inside your laptop, but really only one physical disk is divided into two partitions, each with its own drive letter. Not enough room for two physical drives in a computer. So the dilemma is resolved. Your only option is to install Windows 7on a partition, and on the other Linux. I hope it will help you to solve your problem and if your problem will solve by this then it is better.

In my opinion my laptop has two hard drives. I installed both Linux and windows on one drive and stay the next one for files & such. The second drive is formatted for windows since I do share files among both os. To reply your inquiry it is actually personal preference. There actually not a lot of advantages one way or the additional though installing Linux on a next drive could build the install safer. For a moment partitioning a drive can cause troubles and you could by chance lose your unique os.

Actually, I installed a subsequent hard drive. I am using an hp dv9610, and it has two bios for two divide hard drives. I am thinking about going the route of putting both OS's on one drive, and data/storage on the other. What about the page file, should I partition the operating system drive to have that, or should I put that in the data and storage drive? If my operating system is only using one hard drive, will that cut down on power expenditure?

There will be some presentation developments if the page file is on a separate material disk from the rest of the operating system. Decreases seek time as operating system files are exchanged in and out of memory. for myself I always manage page files myself, setting maximum and minimum pagefile range to the similar value reserves a sensibly contiguous space on the drive for the change. Windows permits the page file to re-size on the fly which can portion the page file. I normally start out at 2.5 times RAM.