Thread: Synchronization problem in external DAC

Synchronization problem in external DAC

I am having ZP90 this is digitally connected to CD player HD 970 and that is connected to DAC. Through CD player it is connected to amplifier Denon Recently I have added a S5 to the Sonos system. And if I attach the ZP90 and the S5 in same zone the music won’t get synchronized properly. The S5 is a minute prior that means via the external DAC there is a delay of ZP90 transmitted music.If I connect the ZP90 straight to the amplifier system works absolutely fine, that means no delay and immense synchronization.
    Does anybody has solution for this ?

Re: Synchronization problem in external DAC

You can solve this problem by an additional zone player setting.. it would be more better if sonos adds capability that will determine delay and temporary connections. Sonos compare and determines delay in two waveforms. This will help in applying delay to other units. Zone Player settings is definitely possible and required. To judge from the number of threads associated to the topic it would look necessary. And sincerely, this setting isn't going to bluster any Sonos user's mind. If they could snatch wireless mesh, matrix audio sources and players, it will grasp fast.

I am also facing the same kind of problem. I am having ZP 120 to a DacMagic . this is adding long delay when I see movie same amount of delay gets added. I am planning to purchase S5 , for to be put in drawing hall. The delay will affect synchronization between two zones. I have sync issues with this arrangements. I want best output on my listing position. I want well synchronization.can somebody tell me how to achieve that?

Linked zone players are used for synchronization for their own outputs. Additional delay can add delay by downstream digital processing. This may affect one zone to lag behind slightly by some time . external DAC is used to do the same , but other reason may be amplifier if it has got some digital processing in audio path. You can go in this way.This will definitely help you in some extent. Else you can discuss with experts.