Thread: How to change the enhanced keys in the multimedia keyboard

How to change the enhanced keys in the multimedia keyboard

Hello friends, this is a quiet an annoying thing that I am trying to do but I need to do this thing hence I am having an multimedia enhanced keyboard that is of Dell, it is a second hand that I purchased from a friend of mine. The keyboard is been working fine with the Windows 7, but I need a way to change the function of the keys that are present on the keyboard. Since his is an keyboard that were build in the old days, the only way to do that is to change the setting with the help of power toys that windows had launched. Is there a way that I can change the setting in windows 7,or any other software that are present so that they can help me I doing that.

Re: How to change the enhanced keys in the multimedia keyboard

Hi, apparently there is a program known as Sharp keys that help you in modifying the setting in the as you want, but the issue in this is it ask for the scan codes that every key provides, so to get that you have to do a little bit research so that a particular code would be displayed and the information could be modified and the setting could be changed. Hence you are using a Dell multimedia key board and windows can recognize the build in windows programs that will help you in changing the setting of the keys that are present. Also I wanted to ask you that what kind of the changed you want to be installed into your keyboard.

Since the entire keyboard when connected to your system, it automatically read all the setting that are available in the system. The only thing you have to do is certain modification that is very easy and it helps in getting the thing done on to your keyboard. If you are trying to change the browser into your keyboard from windows media player to winamp, then you can try the following thing. Open the winamp preference and try to find the global hotkey that are present in it. Once you have done that then check the enabled hot key, if it is checked or not. If it not checked then click the check box to check the thing. This should fix the issue you are searching a solution for.

Did you try changing the setting with the help of software called as Event Ghost? This software is a free ware and it can be easily downloaded from the internet, and installed into your computer or the laptop. The only problem that I am facing is it does not disable the default setting that were previously present I the key board. For example, when I press the email button, the ms outlook open which was the original setting, also it opens the modified setting that I had recently changed to my new one. It happens with the other keys also, they open the older and the new setting that I have done on it. I think the main issue lies in the erasing of the scan code which was discuss earlier in the above section. The scan code that is the original one was not deleted or replaced by the new one and the both of them is working together.

There is a third party software, present named as key tweak. This application come with an interesting thing when a particular key is to be replaced with the user defined one, a tutorial like steps are been provided, so that the user get the whole knowledge of about how this thing is been done in the secure manner. Even I found out in the windows 7 pro operating system to modify the content of the key without using the above software. You have to check for the register in the registry named as HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\hidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da and
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\hidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57dc. In these you have to delete the code set number from 0 to 3, this will provide all the required thing you want to do.