Thread: ANNOYING SOUND coming from headphones

question ANNOYING SOUND coming from headphones

Ok, I have looked around for a good month now and I am still unable to solve my problem. There seems to be a similar problem that is very close to mine and it interferes with my search for a solution. Here's my problem...

I own a Toshiba Qosimo X505, this exact model:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834214050

Whenever I have my headphones in and not playing anything, i hear this somewhat static like sound. Its a high pitched sound that frequently pulsates.

-It does not go away when I mute the audio and the audio level does not effect it.
    -I have changed headphones 4 times so its not the headphones
    -I have updated/ reinstalled all audio drivers
    **-one important thing Ive noticed is that when i open a program or do something demanding, the noise is amplified a little... its almost like im hearing when the computer is doing something lol

Please help me!!

Re: ANNOYING SOUND coming from headphones

It seems to be the problem with the internet system which might be causing the issue with the same. There is some loose connection with the port which might be the main cause of the issue. But coming to any result i will first advise you to install the latest sound driver for your system and if this is not working with the issue of yours then i will advise you to contact the Toshiba and discuss the problem with them.

Yes you might be right about the wireless module because I noticed that when I play my guitar, the same signal can be heard coming from my combo amplifier. There is no other explanation for the signal interfering with a guitar amp.

*So before I contact Toshiba, I'd like to know why this happens. I mean, there are many other wireless signals and such going around my house, and yet my laptop is the only one sending this strange sound. It doesn't make sense.

I'd just like to know so I don't sound stupid when I contact Toshiba

It might be possible that some of the cable might be faulty in your system which might be clashing and creating this weird sound. The only way according to me is to contact developer and ask them to fix if it is under warranty period. If you are discussing your issue with the developer you will are not doing anything wrong. So contact Toshiba and ask for help.