Thread: How to solve bottlenecking?

How to solve bottlenecking?

I would like to start my saying I am new to this forum. I recently purchased an asus GTX 460 card 1g graphics and I am worried that taking my Q8200 bottleneck (one of four cores running at 2.33GHz is not over clocked). So does this card bottleneck my CPU? I'm worried that his undermine my graphics card potential. I am also scared for my over clocking of the CPU because it’s running on how to 50c, while only using the Internet browser with a range of values. I will not lose $ 300 for a new card that fits into a wall 775, due to prefer getting a i7 ... On top of that I have no money to spend ... It will be my graphics card clocking through intelligent medical help? Any advice? Thanks in advance

Re: How to solve bottlenecking?

A Q8200 is pretty decent for what you should not see too many bottlenecks with that setup. Could you talk about its construction a little more? If not running at 800 MHz DDR2 4GB, there is the possibility of bottlenecks in the RAM a bit - but it is still likely that the CPU or graphics. If you don’t have a superior CPU cooler, must be too careful with the over clocking. Go into the BIOS and verify the fan and settings. Make sure the CPU fan is now high enough (qualitative - uppermost setting may be very noisy). Make sure your system has a shutdown temperature enabled. In addition, make sure you have a fan in your case. An intake fan is also very important. Depending on your motherboard and what fans are used, these can be set up as the CPU fan too.

The Core 2 Quad overclocked coolers have values (Q6600 and Q9400) are good thermal limit so when my CPU achieves 70'C by, they stop themselves a lot and put the temperatures in the 50's when I am running stress the CPU tests. You can keep an eye on temperatures and Linux benchmark results to see that happen. If you have good thermal limit, it does not take too scary - but always check your temperatures to overclock a machine first. I have the Q6600 (2.4 reserve) to 3.0 GHz and Q9400 (2.66 shares) to 3.2 GHz without voltage increases - this is key because the voltage actually increases temps. With a Q8200 overclock, you should not see the bottlenecks of the CPU - not that you should see much value in shaping either.

You possibly cannot do a good deal, if some, overclocking among that HP. I was capable to do a modest with my Gateway Athlon x2 in the earlier period. To check bottlenecking, benchmark your computer and compare it to GTX 460 scores in reviews, those systems rarely have anything other than graphics bottlenecks. Some games have benchmarks. Almost all comments are the results - although not necessarily reflect the gaming benchmarks. As for 6GB of RAM, that possibly means 2x1GB and 2x2GB. Your RAM is likely to work faster with 2x2GB because the team can operate in dual-channel symmetric.

In general, both RAM and CPU overclocked to obtain at the same time. How access to computer RAM (single, dual channel, triple) depends on the configuration of the RAM attached. Memtest86 + can be installed to a flash stick and boot to the flash stick (usually appears as a hard disk) and check the speed of RAM with various RAM configurations. Suppose you have the slots 1, 2, 3 and 4. His mother usually can run two channels if you put two sticks - one in each slots 1 and 2. But these two clubs must be run on the same configuration. Slot three runs in the same channel as 1 and 2 to 4, so if you want to run four sticks into two channels, you'd need identical sticks in all four slots. If you do not use identical sticks (such as configurations of 6 GB of RAM on X58 systems do not), will run single channel mode all slots. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.