Thread: Intel 82865g with add card for DVI output

Intel 82865g with add card for DVI output

I am running this desktop machine from last many years and this machine has an Intel 82865g after its last upgrade! I have recently installed an agp card as per Intel's recommendations. I have tried few ways to make DVI work with this but it didn't worked at all as there is nothing coming out from the DVI. Is there any setting that I might be missing due to which I am not able to make it working. I have gone through the Intel's website and then have bought a HP ADD Card with DVI.

Re: Intel 82865g with add card for DVI output

As you have not mentioned an operating system on which you are using all the mentioned setup. Because I think it could be the drivers issue that your operating system might not be able to sort out due to which you are dvi chip is not working. I suggest you to check about the same in the Device Manager where you may find out something for updating drivers. Make sure that you have chosen the new card that you have added to an Intel 82865g. Go to the device manager and select hardware as a HP ADD Card and see that whether it has any updates or not.

Intel 82865g with DVI-ADD card: which displays sufficient onboard graphics? On some machines I've seen all the ADD-cards that Intel chipsets i845 and i865 (AGP, it is like now as ADD2 and PCI-Express) implemented a DVI output without a graphics card. This much is clear that for gaming to date, it will be difficult.Whether the ADD card even dual-link capability is going, in my opinion it is not clear - the chipset itself, it seems. Even if the ADD-map link should be provided for only single, should read these statements and gtf actually even 20 "4:3 (1400 * 1050 @ 75Hz) or 22" 16:10 (1680 * 1050 @ 60Hz) without a dedicated Video card possible.

Whether analog or digital, video memory is nothing else - the signal comes only once a RAMDAC (now integrated with 350 MHz) or up to a cut-bandwidth off at 165 MHz (just above the two above mentioned resolutions) as DVO signal over a TMDS encoder (standard chip from Silicon Image) for single-link DVI, also with a second DVO signal to the rest of the dual-link DVI. Strange is just that identify the motherboard manufacturer values, lend themselves to those of the analog VGA port would be much more than DVI, and the latter should be limited in True Color at 1280 * 1024th.

The presumption is simply that at least the single-link modes as well on the ADD card is available - this would be at least 22 "wide at 60 Hz" factory "is supported Whether or even dual link is supported, even should someone. a "Big Screen" try out with (the HP Data Sheets for ADD and ADD2 suggest that as TMDS chip only the silver used 1364, which in spite of 2 * DVO digital with chipset 165 MHz "end site" is - these cards are vendor-independent as far as I could the same). Of course, one for UMA architectures usual "performance penalty, but in typical applications of i865 (and relatives) in the office can hardly be noticeable.

1 DVI port can provide at least 3.7 gigabits per second (which is why at the HDCP -driven effort to prevent records of all at this point quite absurd is - as has happened appear to be the screen memory and the AACS encryption of the HD disc formats, a- represent substantial "attractive" target), USB 2.0, however just one eighth of that range.