Thread: Western Digital Passport 500 GB throwing error 36

Western Digital Passport 500 GB throwing error 36

I am using the Western Digital hard drive and using the same from last few days and that too of 500 GB. Now the thing here is that I am not able to see anything from it I mean in the initial period the drive was easy to detect but now the case here is that when I am connecting the drive the it is giving me an error message saying that “Error 36” and the other thing is that I am not able to have an access on the files and folders which are on the drive and they are very much important for me too.

Re: Western Digital Passport 500 GB throwing error 36

Actually the thing here is that I am not having how to exact face the situation here but I can assure you that the Error 36 is nothing but the error which is caused to you by the hard drive issues. Now here it may have happen that the hard drive is not being doing well because of some issues related to it. So what I want you to so here is that just try and sees whether hard resetting the same helps you. I hope that this will definitely help you to solve the problem here.

Well the problem which is being faced by you is, mainly due to the hard drive that you are using. Now what you have to do here is that just try and connect any portable hard drive and then see whether it will really works or not. And if the other drive is recognized on the system then you have to change the same. Now I am sure that changing the drive will definitely help you to solve the issue here. I hope that this may solve the problem for you.

This inaccuracy can happen if your Mac OS X 10.4 user is demanding to attach to a Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) server but that only sustains plain text passwords. If you are not getting any such errors then the trouble shooting of the drive is fine and it is causing no issue. But sometimes the password is encrypted by the os itself. But in your case this is not happening. So what I want you to do here is that just see whether ant password is set or not and if it is then you have to enter the same or make the system to do the same.

Well if you will ask me the problem which is faced here is not the unique one and loads of users are doing the same. Now what I want you to do here is that just see whether it is detected on any other computer device if yes then please take the backup of the data that you have stored and then hard reset the same. I hope that doing the same will definitely help you to solve the issue since I did the same when I was facing one of the similar kind of issue. I hope it will work for you as well.

Same with me after putting a new hard drive "Maxtor 6E040L0" and installed Tiger. I go around the different posts on this forum, but I have not found the solution. So I do not know if the hard drive, or my tiger G3 Special data corruption.I've never had this problem with the old IBM hard drive (rip) or with the original one that was in OS9. I also have this message with other applications that crash, and I have to force quit. Does anyone has a solution for the same.