Thread: Microphone has stopped working after the installation of Windows 7 Ultimate

Microphone has stopped working after the installation of Windows 7 Ultimate

I have recently upgraded my system from the windows xp to the windows 7 ultimate edition. Well after the system reboot I have noticed that everything was working fine and I was happy that the installation did not gave any problem. Shortly I realized that the microphone is not working properly when plugged in. well it used to work properly when I had a xp operating system. I noted that the audio was responding perfectly well but the microphone was not working at all. So I thought the microphone must have got damaged. However on plugging in to my friends pc I got to know that the microphone is working perfectly well. So any suggestions that you can give such that I can get my microphone working back again.

Re: Microphone has stopped working after the installation of Windows 7 Ultimate

I would definitely like to help you on this topic. Well you have to first go and check the necessary updates of the audio driver from the manufacturer's website itself. In case you are not getting the proper updates of the audio driver then do a uninstall the old driver of the system and install the new audio driver In the system. this would definitely solve your problem. I think the main problem is with the driver after upgrading your system it is always necessary to have a check of your driver as well. So do try getting the necessary audio drivers or try with the re installation of a new audio driver. I hope this suggestion helps you.

According to me you must need to configure your devise in order to check if that microphone is working properly or not. Go to the system volume icon and select the microphone as the default icon there. Having done that use the speech recognition feature In the microphone and check if it is running well. Otherwise do one thing click on the setup of the microphone button and after that follow the wizard that is needed for the setup of the microphone. Do follow the steps and it will get installed accordingly in your system. do try it and let me know if you have got the necessary information.

Well let me tell you that I have got the desired information here. Well the key for the solution was a simple update if the audio drivers. A simple update of the audio drivers did solve my issue. So thanks a lot for reminding me about the update topic. After the re installation of the old driver I reinstalled the driver again and guess what the microphone was working perfectly well. I need to thank you all for all the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue. Really appreciate it.