Thread: Logical drive disappeared

Logical drive disappeared

Hi! Friends
    Hello everyone I had problem related to my logical drive. I am using windows XP service pack to with my T30. Last night at the time of scanning documents via Acrobat using HP ScanJet 5300C, I pause scanning in middle way and when I return back to it scanning window disappeared. And one message came on screen. I closed without reading anything. I get back to scanning from the point where I had left it and finish the scan successfully. When I went to save my file to logical drive that is my D drive, I noticed that there was no drive listed in that dialog box. Similarly I checked it with open dialog box. Result is same. I need to solve this problem as early as possible. I am desperately waiting for your replies. Your each and every reply is valuable for me.

Re: Logical drive disappeared

I think, I have solution for your problem. Actually few months before my friend also faced similar kind of problem. I am telling you the solution that he prefer to get rid of this problem. First of all unplug your scanning machine and switch to computer management. And change the letter that you give to your hard drive. After changing name of drive re-start your machine. Now go to mu computer and check whether your hard drive is there under new word that you mentioned. If you get positive answer return to your computer management and change that letter with D and then reboot the system again. If you able to use your hard, plug – in your scanner and check everything is fine or not.

I think this is might be the issue related to version of operating system you are using. As you already told me that you are using windows service pack 2, I suggest you to update it with latest version if you not able install latest one then service pack 3 is also more than sufficient. Actually Microsoft stopped providing all updates to service pack 2. I realize that service pack 3 will solve your problem. If service pack three also not able to give you desired output. Then I suggest you to go and visit the Microsoft’s official site. There you can find solution for your query under support section or you can visit ant other site for simple solution.

I got this solution from my engineer friend. He told me to follow steps given below:-
    • Log on to the computer as Administrator.
    • Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Performance and Maintenance option after that click on System option.
    • Switch to Advanced tab,
    • Click on Performance and select Settings.
    • Move to Advanced tab
    • Inside Virtual memory, click on Change.
    • Validate your pagefile on both c and d drive.
    • if you find one on c drive, delete the one on D drive. If you noticed that your c drive is empty create new one and after that delete file present on d drive.
    • After removing Pagefile from your D drive, change the drive name if you are still facing the same problem.

After performing this procedure it might be possible that some programs installed on your d drive unable to work properly, but this not an issue to worry.

If you still unable to solve your problem using computer management, then it might some major issue that we have to sort out. You can take help of users guide available on web to find reason behind this problem. Instead of searching for guides and manuals you can switch to Microsoft’s official site. Microsoft provides solutions for all their users’ queries under support section. I hope you will find suitable solution for you there. If you find the answer please inform me too, just for sack of my general knowledge. I am also searching for appropriate answer from web. I will get back to you as soon I get best one.