Thread: Samsung SW-240B cd-rw driver drive not working after Windows 7 Upgrade

Samsung SW-240B cd-rw driver drive not working after Windows 7 Upgrade

Hello friends from last few days I facing problem related to my cd drive. Actually last week I upgrade my operating system from xp to windows 7. My drive is in working state at the time of upgrading. But after completion of update I am unable to read the data from cd. When I try to run exe file through cd it gives me a error related to windows security. I unable to sort this problem, that’s why I need your help to get this of this. I want to solve this problem as early as possible. Waiting for your valuable reply Thanks in advanced.

Re: Samsung SW-240B cd-rw driver drive not working after Windows 7 Upgrade

This is not a problem related to your cd drive. As you said before you got a message regarding internet security this might be the issue related to your internet security settings. It might be possible that due to some security settings os not allows you to open files for reading purpose. I am not user of windows 7 operating system so I cannot advice you about making changes in security settings. But I will search information related to this for you. By means of which my general knowledge is also increased related to this topic. If you got answer for it please inform me also.so that in future if anyone come across problem like you, i am able to help him.

First check whether your system showing your CD drive in list of hardware’s or not. If not remove it completely and attach it again after that restore your entire machine. And check whether your drive is detected or not. Most problems like this are solved after performing this procedure. If still the same kind of problem exists then it might be the issue related to your settings. I am not much familiar about security settings, but I sure you that I will find solution for that problem also. I just need some time for finding information about internet security settings. Before that you can test your drive with another pc.

I got this answer from widow’s official site. You just need to follow steps given below.
    • First of all create a new user from control panel.
    • Switch to that user status
    • After that start regedit
    • Switch to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
    • Right click on it and export to c directories folder
    • Move back to your previous account and remove above mentioned key.

I pretty much sure that it is not a problem related to your cd drive. To solve this problem you just have to play with your settings. From first look I realize that you have to change your internet explorer’s settings. I ask my friend about how to change the internet explorer settings he told me following steps:-

• Go to Control Panel
    • Select Internet Options
    • Go to Advanced
    • There is an option available to change your internet explorer’s settings.