Thread: Psu giving a weird buzzing sound

Psu giving a weird buzzing sound

From the past few days I have been experiencing a weird sound from the psu of my system. At first sight I was not sure about the source from where it is coming. So I did some inspection on this and I found out that it is coming from the psu of my system. So I was pretty confused why is this happening? I had overclocked my system a few days back. So is that the reason? I tried searching the internet and I have found out many users have suggested to rma it. So should I go for that? Or should I try something else? So if you have any possible solutions regarding this topic then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Psu giving a weird buzzing sound

If you ask me then I would definitely advise you to continue with the rma process. Since it is the best available option for you. It will give you the exact detail of the problem and you will be getting to know where your problem lies. So start doing the rma of your system. Till then I would advise you to have a check with your hardware of your system. Check if some hardware’s are deriving much power than their usual ones. So do have a check on that also. So do try with all these possible solutions mentioned above it will definitely help you.

I would advise you to change the psu and better switch to the new one. One of the best options according to me is to go with the Earthwatts 500 from seasonic. It is very cheap, delivers the performance and also does not make sound while operating. I have this installed in my system and believe me after so much years it has not given me any reason to complain. So I absolutely have no problem with its working. So I would advise you to go with this product. As in your case I would say that you better rma it otherwise it may end up useful components of your system. So do think about my opinion and act accordingly.

According to me you must have a upgrading done with your existing system. It can be a possibility that your existing hardware’s will be giving you some problems with the working of psu and it is giving the psu much strain. So that’s why it might be giving such problem. However first do try with the upgrading of your ram and at the same time check that your cooling fan is functioning well. If it is not functioning well then it might give you some issues with its working. So first do have a look at all the necessary conditions, and then only go with the procedure. So I hope you are getting what I am trying to say.

I think so the better option would be to report this problem with the manufacturers of the particular psu. If you are knowing about the details of the manufacturer then do talk to them and let them know about your problem and ask for the possible solutions for it. You can also ask for a replacement if your psu comes under the warranty. I think it is a much better option than all of the other options. So do try with this option also and you can get the solution for it.