Thread: System does not boot after installing LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i raid card

System does not boot after installing LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i raid card

It does not matter what devices is installed there in my computer, or what slot I place the LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i in, it stops my system booting into Windows - all the time with the "No physical memory is available at the location required to load the Windows Boot Manager. The system can not continue." I am even unable to install Windows. My computer drives are SAS drives, as a result there is no other method, in addition an SAS card, to interface them to the system. I have heard on the subject of GigaByte boards not functioning with devices other than graphic cards in the PCI-E 16x slots, but the LSI card is installed in an 8x slot.

Re: System does not boot after installing LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i raid card

The LSI MegaRAID 9240 is a very badly ranked RAID controller to start with and numerous number of people have been having all types of issues with that particular card. My suggestion is to substitute it with an Adaptec controller - I am doubtful to suggest one over another to anybody particularly sub-$600 controllers. It all relies upon what specific RAID you wish for to make use of - straightforward RAID 1 or 0 need almost no processing, but 5 and any composite stripe is another option - plus I can only suggest controllers with big caches to utilize battery backup.

When did you pre installed the RAID drivers? The easiest method is a Floppy install or else you can make use of nLiteOS to make an installer DVD.As I realize it, you have not installed Windows and while the installation is going on you cannot F6 the RAID drivers. If it happens then put back the RAID controller. I think you have understood it properly , but if not you can get your doubt being asked again .

I am not precisely certain WHY you appear to believe that the LSI card is so badly rated. It is not badly rated whatever! Of all the ratings I have observed, the card does remarkably well. In my system there is an LSI 9240-8i card having control on 4 Crucial 128GB C300 Solid state hard drive in a RAID 0 and my standard consequences get close to the $3000.00adn in addition to the cost of FusionIO PCIe cards.