Thread: Antec 900 Ultra 120 Extreme 680i: Tip for installation

Antec 900 Ultra 120 Extreme 680i: Tip for installation

So I have a new power supply (non broken), this means having to annoy me, though. When I shut down my PC, then run the power supply still cheerfully. It requires manual switching off the power supply will, hot on the back. Due to my laziness that gets here in a conflict situation with the power off, I ask for your help. Here you can help me by giving a tip to install Antec 900 Ultra 120 Extreme 680i.

Re: Antec 900 Ultra 120 Extreme 680i: Tip for installation

Remove the new power supply from the box and take a minimum of familiarity, identifying the cables and connectors and their functions. Sometimes the manufacturer adds a documentation on paper, but it is quite rare, as the 'power does not need any special settings or software drivers, as it could be a mainboard or video card. In fact, a power supply must meet the standard specifications to which it belongs and its functions, connectors, cables, dimensions are predetermined and therefore interchangeable. But each manufacturer is free to add anything other than this standard to which you can find in front of connectors in more than are available in the old power supply or additional functions to control the fan or the like. In case of doubt, before making a case , better informed.

Important to observe whether there is a change in voltage, this value is placed on the right network. It happens that products destined to the U.S. market (117Vca) to be hijacked for commercial reasons and with the changer located on the lower voltage. With the change in voltage leads to wrong location' immediate and complete destruction of the 'power supply. Obviously models without voltage change because of broad spectrum (90-240Vac) or fixed at 230 do not have this problem.

I would suggest you the following tips
    1. Turn off the PC and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet before opening the chassis. The old power supply will be connected in many points with the devices: identificateli and remember what kind of connector to be connected before you remove them. There should be no problems, but if you have doubts, get a sketch or take some pictures.

2. Removing the cables to the motherboard, remember that the ATX connectors have a rubber band that goes Hook pressed to separate the two parts simply by pulling you risk doing damage.

3. Likewise, the connectors must be removed from records and CDs by exercising a reasonable effort to not damage the seat on the device. Pull at the connectors, without ever completely pull the cables, because they could damage, breaking away from the metal pins or plastic block contains them and they are stopped by a simple metal flap that is not designed to withstand excessive tensile stress.

The old power supply will typically screwed on the case with four screws: simply unscrew it, and keep it aside for the new one. Attention should be given to those homes that provide the 'alternative use of redundant power supply: in such cases, the' power 'normal' will be fixed on a metal mask that fits the hole, wider, scheduled for redundancy. Correctly identify what are the screws of 'power, which must be disassembled, and which is the mask, which must not be dismantled, it is useful for doing unnecessary work. These screws, the American past, are standard for most foods, although there are some projects in Europe that use metric screws (3MA), for this is the case to verify the type of screws needed for the new power supply. Do not force screws in one location with a different pitch because, since the threads on drawn sheet metal, are easily ruined.