Thread: Dell Optiplex Smallscale factor systems not getting rid of heat.

Dell Optiplex Smallscale factor systems not getting rid of heat.

I have got a Dell optiplex gx620 that comes out to be a SFF (small form factor), system that has one of he most awful design as far as the build o this system s concerned . I was too thinking of recapping my motherboard , so has any one got any idea how I can get rid of all this overwhelming heat and I was just thinking is it possible that I can install a 3.5" floppy-drive sized fan underneath the CD/DVD ROM so that it can absorb the temperature. Please guide me anyone who has any sort of idea on this.

Re: Dell Optiplex Smallscale factor systems not getting rid of heat.

Newegg also has more than a few other cooling devices that may assist. Also, ensure your CPU fan (most likely the only fan other than the one in the power supply ) is as dirt free as possible. If required, get a can of compressed air and clean the fan and PSU to evaluate what cooling capability you do have. Well I too think that these make of Dell system has really a lot of heating issues . Well you should seek the help from the Dell.

Thanks for the reply.. Unfortunately , that device on newegg is a 5.25" drive-bay intake fan that renders 3.5" harddrive cooling connect. - it will not be able to fit in a 3.5" floppy bay. It looks I have searched the internet high and low for a 3.5" floppy bay intake fan... but was not lucky enough . I believe there's a vast market for floppy bay intake fans, but no one looks to build them. One from the forum had said these could build for me, but before I pay for it , I would prefer to discover a efficiently fabricated one.

It is true I assume, but I have upgraded mine with a dual-monitor video card. Nothing much being done just a essential Nvidia NVS280, which has inactive cooling so I thought it would be fine even in my small Dell case... I was wrong. The cooling is completely hopeless, there are two feeble little fans in the entire system, one in the front and one in the Power supply . After about 7 or 8 hours use the side portion gets very hot to touch . I think you better find same way to resolve it because I already have lost one hard drive due to that .

Well in that case , you can call in the in the Dell support, you can get your call connected to the relevant department, since Dell Computers produce a variety of computers , you will have to get your call connected to the concerned queue, since you said that you have an optiplex system , you can select the relevant queue , then once you get connected to the exact queue the technician will give you the required instructions to solve your issue , if the software you had installed is a third party software then I do not think they will bring you any solution , but if the software that you have and is causing some sort of issue and was installed form the day one since the computer was purchased they will definitely assist you in this case.

Well I totally agree with you but I think you missed out the basic point , they will ask you and will help you only if the your system is under warranty ,and let me correct you that beside Dell optiplex is a desktop computer , but these sort of system are considered as some other special desktop systems , they are not considered as the normal one , it is quite possible that there might be some other queue . Once your call is connected to the correct queue , you will get assured that your issue will be resolved and if you are enjoying the warrant then it will be more easier .