Thread: Other two partitions in hard drive are not showing after reloading windows vista

Other two partitions in hard drive are not showing after reloading windows vista

I am having a Compaq Presario laptop, which I recently upgrade from windows XP to windows vista ultimate, but after that I am not able to locate my two partitions from total five partitions, three of them are showing well but, among them two are not showing in my computer. I tried by replug the hard drive in my machine, but this also does not work fine. So what should I do now? Is there any information on this issue?

re: Other two partitions in hard drive are not showing after reloading windows vista

As per my opinion, I would like to suggest you to remove the hard drive from your machine if it is possible for you and plug it into any other machine, for checking whether there is any problem with the hard drive connector and replug it. Whereas i was also facings similar issue with my hard drive. After that I consult with the manufacturer technical team, they suggest me with this trick, and it works final. From then still now there si no problem in my hard drive. Try with this, but be careful during the process, it might create any internal problem in your machine.

re: Other two partitions in hard drive are not showing after reloading windows vista

Type and insert computer management into the search command panel, from there look for the partitions of your machine. I hope there it will show you the partitions of your hard drive, along with this also show you the space, which is available in your hard drive each partition. Also I would like to recommend you to run disk system analysis tool program, you can select this program from control panel. Run this, if the partitions are hidden, then it will show to you.

I think you should go for format the drive, for that you should go to the service center of your machine manufacturer, from there consult with nay service engineer and collect the informations regarding this problem. if they suggest you some any other trick to solve this, then follow this, and overcome from this problem. I told you about the format process, because I was also facing similar issue, where the one partition is not shown to me after install windows XP OS. Then without go for any other trick I directly choose the format option, and by this, I can able to solve the problem.