Thread: Acer Aspire: SATA hard drive responding very slow after Norton antivirus installation

Acer Aspire: SATA hard drive responding very slow after Norton antivirus installation

I recently bought Acer Aspire laptop, compatible with inbuilt windows 7 OS. My laptop is assemble with 3GB RAM, 456GB Hard drive, along with this ATi Radeon graphics driver. I mainly use this machine for internet access like to play online games, and also downloading purpose, so other tasks which I done by the laptop are those which are related with my study. The machine is start a problem from last few days regarding the hard drive, and it starts occurring after install Norton antivirus. This is responding very slowly, when I click on any program or application it first appears with no responding mode, and then directs me to close the program. This not happen all time, but in maximum

re: Acer Aspire: SATA hard drive responding very slow after Norton antivirus installation

I think your hard drive is virus affected, for this you need to full scan the hard drive. But be sure that you are using a up to date antivirus application program, I recommend you to run eth scan process by each and every drive partition. Because I was also facing similar issue where as I found that virus is affected in my primary drive, but by scan the whole drive, it detect the defect and remove it from there. This is the actual cause f this type of problems, I recommend you to try by this process once, I hope this will surely help you to resolve your laptop issue. Also along with this, try by remove the antivirus program from your machine, after that if the machine goes fine, then install the dire program which not affect the machine performance.

re: Acer Aspire: SATA hard drive responding very slow after Norton antivirus installation

As per my opinion, make sure that the hard drive is not full. If any partition of the drive is able to load any more items then this might be cause of slow respond. Because in eth hard drive you surely installed some of high definition programs or games, so when you tried to open them it will require little space in hard drive to execute the program. And that time if there is no sufficient place is allocated, then either the program or the hard drive will respond slowly. Along with that, also recommend you remove the third party software applications those are applied in your machine, without your knowledge, if you found any application those are specially toolbars or any other visual effect then at first remove them from your machine. Now try to access your hard drive, I hope this time it will run according to its desire ratio.

Relevant issue with my 500 GB hard drive, which was running with windows XP pro OS platform. But recently upgrade my machine with windows vista ultimate OS. And after the installation the machine is creating a peculiar type of problem. The issue is that, when I click on any software application to open it, at the first attempt it not opens that one, but at second o third it opens easily. Also in some other application programs, there another problem is happening, which is not open after attempt more than 3 times. I can’t understand what should be the cause of this problem. is there any issue in my hard drive or something else. I hope from here I will surely get any solution for the problem.

I like to suggest you, if after applying all tricks to solve this issue, and still you are facing the problem, then I think there is only one final solution for this problem . Format your hard drive, because I was also facing similar issue in my hard drive. After deep search on this problem I found that the problem is for affecting the drive is Trojan virus, which situates in two partitions, I tried with a update antivirus program to remove this, but this was not able to do this operation. Then one of my friends suggests me to format the hard drive. I got the information that, that in the primary drive the virus is situated, and I format only that drive. Then when I reinstall the operating system in my machine, till now there is no same or other relevant issue is occurred in my machine. So I recommend you to go through this, it will surely help you to overcome from the problem.