Thread: I need help to setup my HTPC

I need help to setup my HTPC

What would you suggest for a HTPC to the extent that the motherboard/CPU/RAM goes and speaker setup? A friend is rebuilding their basement and they wish to know how much a HTPC would charge against a receiver/Blu-ray/dvr setup. I advised them a HTPC would merge all those devices into one with additional features and they were interested right away. They required knowing how the speakers would effort as well because PCs have the 3.5mm jacks. Are there some sorts of adaptors you can utilize? Please give some suggestions.

Re: I need help to setup my HTPC

Yes you can obtain adaptors for audio outputs or you could utilize visual. The central parts of the system should be determined upon based on what he requires to do with the machine, how immense of a case he's OK with, how much sound he needs to build with, whether he needs Bluray, and so on. IMO the largest PITA is searching a good tuner which can effort as a DVR, to the extent that I have seen, searching actually fine tuners with upright prices is tough to do, and worth is truly no pointer of excellence. If there is something you will wish to investigate many it is the tuner. And don't overlook for digital cable that is not OTA you still require the set top box to alter channels with as it deciphers the signal from the supplier. In that condition, IDK how one could watch one thing when recording another. While I was playing around with the suggestion of an HTPC construct, I truly required an inactive cooled GPU but with a PCI exhaust fan beside it and a 33nm CPU would be good for temp reasons, as well a full ATX PSU is the top means to go, that way it is simply restored and you have improved choices.

You don't require utilizing a cable box to record digital cable. That is what CableCard is for; it makes out your Cable suppliers encrypted cable. As good as every big cable suppliers maintain CableCard. If you are construction a HTPC I would not even think about 4.5mm or even visual. Only utilize HDMI. It is the just cable which can broadcast a multi-channel digital defeat less signal and you can purchase an AMD HD5450 for about 1300 INR which has an HDMI port on it. You can obtain low-profile cards and even ones which are inactive cooling that is a necessity for an HTPC. The rate bases on what you wish to do.
    1. Do you wish to utilize it for gaming?
    2. Do you wish to utilize it for Bluray?
    3. How many channels do you wish to be able to observe or record at one time, so how many tuners do you require?
    4. Are you changing NTSC, ClearQAM, or do you require CableCard support?
    5. How much storage space do you require to amass or record media?
    6. Do you wish a little HTPC case or is a usual mid ATX tower well?

My friend is familiar with approximately not anything regarding home theater tools. He was below the idea he would have to utilize a middle tower case but I told him he could utilize a desktop case if he required. He needs to utilize a projector and 7.1 surround sounds. They are rebuilding their basement and are going to cable the walls and ceiling for the whole thing based on what I tell them is the finest for video and audio. I was thoughts HDMI or DVI and RCA jacks. They comprise Dish network satellite TV. It utilizes a few sort of set-top boxes. No thought how much storage they require. A 1 TB drive would possibly be sufficient. I was thinking that a H55 setup with the included video and an i3/i5 dual core would be best. They don't require playing games, only watching Blu-rays and TV. He as well spoken interest in a NAS box but that is a dissimilar project.

That is cool, not at all seen cable card earlier. What type of information do you contain to get from your supplier to have it decode? I investigated Google slightly, establish many out-of-date stuff on 'cable card' and did not discover anything immediately for PCI or PCI-e cards, a link to the answer or fine, present information would be respected for those of us who know not anything regarding it. As well, in fact they are made in PCMCIA form, so if that is the just means you can purchase them, I guess you have to obtain an adapter PCI(-e) card to utilize it. With HDMI audio, you would require a receiver which supports that input which I am assuming? Something to remember I guess, except your TV has audio outputs on it too.