Thread: Cannot share Windows 7 64-bit HP C5500 printer with Windows 7 32-bit laptop

Cannot share Windows 7 64-bit HP C5500 printer with Windows 7 32-bit laptop

I have a home network setup at my place. I have one computer with a windows xp pro edition 32 bit. I also have a second computer which has a windows 7 pro edition which is 32 bit and also another laptop has the windows 7 pro edition 64 bit operating system. Well the problem is that my windows xp pro 32 bit operating system does not support the print command to the windows 7 64 bit command. The point to be noted here is that my 32 bit xp pro supports the print command to the windows 7 32 bit. Now why is this happening? I have the driver updated for all the printers. So what can be the problem here do let me know if you have any possible solutions for it.

Re: Cannot share Windows 7 64-bit HP C5500 printer with Windows 7 32-bit laptop

Well looking at your problem it definitely seems to be a driver issue of the printer in the windows 7 64 bit operating system. I would advise you to install the driver for both the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit operating system. So do carry on with that first. After that I want to ask you are you able to access all the files and the folders between the 32 bit xp as well as the 64 bit windows 7. Do get back to me with the necessary replies and also at same time download the necessary driver that I have mentioned.

I would advise you to check whether the printer that you are using for the computer is compatible with the particular operating system or not. So do have a check on this and also ensure that you have the necessary drivers of the 32 bit printer as well as the 64 bit printer. Also check whether your home network is properly set or not. So do have a check on these necessary precautions. This might help you.

Well thanks for the solutions that you have given. Well let me tell you that I have the necessary updates done for the printers and I don’t think so the updates can be an issue here. While talking about the access of the files I can access all the files and the folders of the xp pro machine with the windows 7 machines but I have not tried the same thing with the xp pro machine. I will do it as soon as possible.

I think you must have a check with the windows xp pro system. Check if the command is reaching the system of windows 7 or not. There might be a possibility that the command is not reaching the machine properly. So I would advise you to definitely have a check with the windows xp. Also do have a check whether the setup of the printer device is proper by reinstalling the printer to the system. Check the compatibility of the printer with both 32 bit as well as the 64 bit operating system.