Thread: Need fix for Cairo Dock Black Background

Need fix for Cairo Dock Black Background

I have recently upgraded from 9 to 10, at what time I start cairo dock I notice that I have a black box overlaying the dock as well as get this message which state that "to remove the black rectangle around the dock, you will require to activate a composite manager". For example, this can be done by activating desktop effect, launching Compiz, or else activating the composition in Metacity.” Compiz appears to be functioning, except if I am missing the precise setting in Compiz. Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Re: Need fix for Cairo Dock Black Background

I also notice the same thing when I update mine from 9 to 10, but at what time I clicked the okay or whatsoever and that warning went away as a result did the black box. You may also attempt exiting plus restarting cairo dock. No issues at the moment. Just difference by the install was that I did not format the drive last moment as a result there has been a number of .file screwing me up. All fine now.

Hello,I have in recent times installed cairo-dock (the most recent edition from the cairo-dock depository) on my laptop. Technically I am running Crunch bang Linux Jaunty.I have attempted running it by means of OpenGL on and off, but whatsoever I accomplish there is for all time this big black box nearby the dock that go over my other windows as well as makes it not possible to utilize. I have as well attempted enabling co- positioning, but this does not appear to do a lot either.The laptop is fairly old and has just 512mb of RAM. Is this is happening because of low RAM?Any help would be appreciated.

The way to fix the Cairo Dock Black Background trouble. On many Linux systems at what time hardware description is disabled as well as a composite manager is disabled, Cairo theme will show a black box or else parallelogram at the back the dock. This problem can be resolved by installing a video hardware driver and activating desktop effects and starting compiz or else activating composition in metacity. On the other hand, to rapidly address the problem, we be able to just imitate a transparent background.

How to quickly Fix the Cairo Black Background problem:
    1. First of all close all other application and Start your Cairo-Dock
    2. on the Dock right click as well as choose Cairo-Dock/Configure
    3. Now under the Behaviour Section, Click System
    4. Mark the box in front of "Emulates composition with fake transparency" and click OK.
    5. If all goes well now your the Cairo Black Background problem is resolved.