Thread: How to get back the data on 300GB Maxtor drive

How to get back the data on 300GB Maxtor drive

Actually I am having the 300GB Maxtor drive and I was using it here without any issue. The full 300GB was full with Movies and Photos but I have recently lost all this and I would really like to know if I can have then back here. Here is the thing that I had actually done on the System there. I had used the Diskpart in the Command Prompt so that I can format the USB Flash Drive to the NTFS format when I did this I have seen that all the data that I was having on it is no more available here. Any help in getting back the things here. Please let me know if this can be done at all.

Re: How to get back the data on 300GB Maxtor drive

Well it will be really nice if you can have the Data Recovery case to be installed in your case and see if that can be solved here. If you want you can go with the DDR Professional - Speedy & Mighty Data Recovery Software if you want here. You can make use of this here and see if that can help you here. Also please let me tell you that you will be able to make use of this if you have not written anything in there.

Let me tell you that you must have done the following thing and hence you must have ended up with this issue here. While doing the things there you must have deleted the partition there on your disk here. I would like you to make use of some professional data recovery software so that can be brought in business here. If you have not written anything on the drive then let me tell you that there are chances that you can get back your data here. Make the partition on the Drive and then see if you can find anything in this respect there.

Totally agree to the things that has been mentioned above and if you want the name on the suggestion here then I would like you to have the Geeksnerds Data Recovery Software in your case there. You will be required to scan for the partition there and then select the right partition and see if you can have the data recovered in your case there. Please do this and let me know if that worked in your case there.

Thanks a lot for making the suggestion and let me tell you that I had thought of going with some trial version of the Data Recovery Software but well I thought that it will be a good choice if I can really go with some reputed software here. Now I have the Geeksnerds Data Recovery Software that you had suggested now please let me know what is the next option that I should select here. I have seen that there are four options there: Normal Scan; Advance Scan; Formatted Drive Recovery and Deleted File Recovery. Really do not want to select any weird option and hence will like to know the exact thing that I can choose here. Please let me know and then I will proceed with the steps further here.

Well really it was good that you did not choose anything weird here. If you have not used the data there and in addition to that if you have not yet created the Partition there then let me tell you that you should go with the Third option there i.e. Formatted Drive Recovery. Hope that this will help you. If that however does not work in your case then it will be better if you can go with the Advanced scan option there and see if that can solve the issue of yours there.

I lost the partition on my 500 mb Maxtor - a data recovery utility called testdisk (see Wikipedia Data Recovery software) recovered the bad partition