Thread: Right click is not working properly on applications under Windows 7

Right click is not working properly on applications under Windows 7

when I did a right click on an application (. exe) in the start menu or in a folder, open all windows are closed, and "explorer" restart. I have a first reinstall Windows 7, and the problem vanished. A few days later the problem reappears again, I easy a system restore once and the problem were solved, but it reappeared yesterday and again get disappears. I started to uninstall all my applications one by one to isolate the software that causes this, but it makes no difference and I no longer have to reinstall Windows 7 again, especially if I find the problem then! So if anyone has a solution, let me know!

Re: Right click is not working properly on applications under Windows 7

Download ShellExView from the nirsoft website. And I am sure that you will easily get this on to the Google. And after downloading this first thing you just scan and sort by type of way to group all entries of type 'Context Menu' (menu) sets. and note the names of those who are not Miscrosoft before disabling them. reboot and test. If it works, one to one reactive extensions disabled to isolate the one that is guilty of the crash.

The problem of right click / explore crash is usually associated with applications that use tools Explore. such problem may also be related to incompatible codec’s generating 'crash' when using explore, when the latter 'users to get information on files as well as associated, so you can uninstall any package codec to begin with. Nero is also a source of worry when it is installed with full multimedia suite on systems. You can easily isolate these applications by just right click on files, folder, desk and see what appears in the dropdown menu. Have you been able to identify a specific context in which the problem appears systematically?? Otherwise use the Reliability Monitor to see the process generating the crash: Control Panel \ All elements of the Control Panel \ Maintenance Center \ Reliability Monitor. So just give me the information and also try this I think it will help you to get rid of from this issue.

Thank you for your quick reply, The crash with the right click is done only when I click on an application with a ". exe", whatever the context! The right click works without any problem for the rest. I used the reliability monitor, as you said to me, and it has spotted the problem. But that does not help me much, and when I did a search solution, it cannot find anything. I have no codec installed, much less Nero (I've had nothing but problems with him on most of my systems ...), so I do not really see where it's little more to come I will continue my uninstall programs until fall to the troublemaker.

I am also going through the situation and regarding this I want to say that during the first installation of Windows 7, I installed Daemon Tools (with great difficulty that said ..: (), and it was indeed problematic, and I thought it was dfe which is causing it, but when reinstalling Windows 7, I have not installed Deamon Tool, but the problem reappeared anyway, so it does not come from it. Thank you anyway for your help.

You have probably installed the software that has added an extension to the context menu of the explorer, and the fact that plant. Uninstall the last software you have installed one by one to isolate the one causing the crash (if it's long and boring worry a lot). Otherwise use "shexview" (you should find it on the net ...), a handy little app that allows you to see all active extensions, and disable them one by one until you find one that crashes. it can be a bit long, but it avoids you to uninstall your software! I hope it will help you help me like that, because since I have no problem!