Thread: How do I know what the CIFS sign is

How do I know what the CIFS sign is

I just purchased one of those networkable Blu ray players. I have access to my moveable network drive and therefore am able to observe downloaded movies. Could you describe how to log in to my network? The Bluray player asks for a "CIFS sign in" in order to stream from my laptop. I don’t know what would the CIFS sign in name would be. How do I recognize what it is? I can’t understand what or where it will be. Please someone let me know about this.

Re: How do I know what the CIFS sign is

Who is the maker of the Blu-ray device? Common Internet File System (CIFS), a procedure which defines a normal for remote file access utilizing millions of PCs at a time. With CIFS, users with dissimilar platforms and PCs can share files exclusive of having to setup novel software. I would recommend you to make contact with the manufacturer of the tool for CIFS sign in details, as well seem for the CIFS information from the user manual.

I as well purchased a same machine: LG BD570. I exhausted a week annoying all method of ID and password mixtures many phone calls to and from LG, conflicting responds including call BT broadband and setup my possess in a DLNA server, how? BT took over my laptop and could not discover the reply. I don’t think the LG guys be aware of their query, and positively not the answer. I have specified for now.

I am utilizing similar LG player and as well having the similar problem. From what I can tell, this just occurs with the C drive, or root drive utilizing windows 7. If there were more drives on the system, the LG player will access them well not requiring the CIFS log in. I have run the windows 7 troubleshooter to no benefit. I have utilized advanced sharing and have gone though all the lessons to share a file, folder or drive itself, and this worked for any drive on the system but root machine.

I just shaped it out. All you require to do are the below steps:
    1. Make a user on your PC into the control panel, user management. For instance: username: guest, password: abcd
    2. Share the drive which has the media you would akin to play and provide the user guest access to it.
    3. Depart to your Blue Ray player, while it asks for CIFS login type the guest user information.

It should exhibit the folder below your server name and you can play files. I hope this assists.

i did exactly what Howitzer said and it finally worked!
    so whoever have this prob. just follow the steps of the above commenter said and you will be able to use your LG Bluray if you are using windows 7.

just make a new user for your pc and use that in ur CIFS log in and the password is the one you use for your router when you installed the router.

many thanks to Howitzer.

I think I can solve that problem for you. It either means that you have a user password set up for your computer or that you do not have fileshare activated for your network. Your player will ask for CIFS (User password) if either you have a password or your fileshare is not activated. You do not need a password as long as you have filesharing on the network and of course you did not set up a user password for your computer. I hope this helps.