Thread: front panel audio giving output on a very few channels

front panel audio giving output on a very few channels

I have got a desktop computer , I am facing some sort of issue that has something to do with the front panel of my system ,I have got a Gigabyte motherboard , I observed that my gigabyte P55A-UD3 motherboard front panel output is behaving oddly. The realtek drivers detected headphones plugged in properly, the output comes from 2 channels only. When I connect the headphones in the rear panel of motherboard, the whole thing works properly,. Is there any driver modification I have to do so that my front panel produce output in the all the available channels in order to get the front panel to output all channels of audio?

Re: front panel audio giving output on a very few channels

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, f you select after clicking on the headphones icon that will be present in the system tray on the bottom right of your display it must open up a explanation box , there you will need to click on the icon , after clicking it you will see a property box, open it and there it will let you configure your headphones an make necessary changes in it to resolve your issue and get full output from the front panel.

Encoded audio is proposed to only play from the front channels, no issues whatsover there. For multichannel playback you require a source that is multichannel source, for instance 3D Audio and multi-channel audio Have you connected a working set of stereo headphones? Maybe your speakers are not working properly . Connect a set of headphones to a stereo system and move among the left and right channels to ensure each of them work finer , it helps to test your audio system as well/

Have you opened the panel to check whether the front port is linked or not ? just check and cut off the end of that front port cable from the system ? Does the back jack then work? I know a number of a motherboards have a couple jumpers that say how the ports are installed. For instance, my motherboard has 2 headers, first for left and an extra for right channel output (and they take in mic).

You get a option of front panel or back panel jacks but not together. If you do not have front-panel output, you should possess a few jumpers on the header pins so they are connected to the rear jacks. If you attach jacks at the face end , you should be certain they are the right category (that short to close the circuit when the headphone plug is removed). So perhaps your front jack is damaged up (i.e., bad). Take away it from the motherboard headers, add the jumpers (to force using the rear jacks), and observe if the rear jacks then function well.