Thread: Optical output does not produce any sound

Optical output does not produce any sound

I had heard a lot about this technical forum , so when I got an hardware problem I too opted this forum and posted my first question I have a desktop computer with Windows 7 32bit installed in my system ,the Bios F11 version and all the updated drivers has been installed in it , along with that if talked about the RAM , it is of Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB), the processor is the intel i3 530 processor , this was all about my system specification , as far as now my system did not had a single issue in it , it started when I made up my mind to update all the present drivers in it , it resulted in a no sound issue from my optical ports so I just ask you people how I can sort out my no sound issue from the optical output , I am waiting for you people response as it is really annoying me very much, Than you in advance .

Re: Optical output does not produce any sound

This mostly happens when people update their drivers and the y forget the actual driver version . I had heard about this sort of issue when a guy did not remember the actual driver revisions , he had installed the Realtek sound drivers , since we are not able to isolate the reason for the no sound issue what you can do is you can install all the new drivers for your Gigabyte motherboard , Intel drivers and the Realtek as well , let me ask you does your receiver detect optical input , I think it will go to the locked state if it is not being connected.

I think you should follow the following steps if you want to fix your issue
    • Start searching in the Windows Events there you can reinstall found Media Center and Media Player
    • Found the only way to do this was to "Turn windows features on or off" From the programs and features menu you can turn the Windows features either on or off , after turning it off , I rebooted my system then suddenly the optical output was able to produce sound , I think you too can follow the same instructions.

I faced this issue when I was not using iTunes, but actually my hardware, Operating system and cabling with the system was absolutely fine , but if you have iTunes installed you will have to locate tool where you will be able to choose audio output . In iTunes, find under tools or preferences where you select the audio output. The majority player applications will let you to manually choose.There are also settings made for the digital output. Ensure that you do not choose something that you amplifier cannot decode.

You can configure the default device to optical out and it seems to me that it will resolve the issue . I was too facing something similar to above , I got the sound from iTunes out via the optical output and then on the receiver now. You problem is not rare. I now and then was thinking when I started with the digital audio devices . It is valuable to make out how audio devices are handled under Windows and by particular applications.