Thread: Autoplay option does not appear in Lexar SD card

Autoplay option does not appear in Lexar SD card

I am having Microsoft Windows vista home premium operating system installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop when I insert Lexar SD card into my laptop then I don’t get autoplay option or the default settings that are available after inserting SD card in the reader of my laptop. The only way I can get to see the pictures on my SD card is by going to computer and clicking on the SD card. I need a solution so that I get Autoplay option after inserting into the SD card into my laptop.

Re: Autoplay option does not appear in Lexar SD card

SD card are used for storing the data and it can be used in digital cameras, digital camcorders, handheld computers, netbook computers, PDAs etc. SD card have a maximum capacity of 2GB. After inserting SD card into the Laptop if you are not getting the Autoplay option then the Autoplay option might be disabled. If the Autoplay option is disabled then you will not get an autoplay option after inserting SD card in into the computer system. You need to enable the autoplay option by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to click on the start button from the desktop and then select Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel window you need to type “autoplay” in the search box.
    3. You can enable the autoplay by clicking on Use AutoPlay for all media and devices checkbox and click on the save button.
    4. The autoplay option will appear after inserting SD card into the computer system.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have enabled the autoplay option. After enabling the autoplay option I can get the autoplay wizard after inserting SD card into my laptop. While using SD card on laptop I am getting error code 10 and the system freezes. Also sometimes I get an SD I/O Device Error window appearing on the screen. I need a solution so that I can resolve this error easily.

If you are getting error code 10 while using the SD card then there might be driver problem such that the driver might not be updated. You need to follow the steps given below to resolve the error code 10
    • You need to download the driver from the manufacturer website.
    • After downloading the driver you may need to go to the Start/Control Panel/ Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager window you may need to locate your SD card.
    • Right click the SD card and select "Properties". Select "Driver" tab, and then click "Update Driver".
    • After clicking on update driver button, Hardware Update Wizard will open. You need to follow the prompt and the install the driver. Now after installing the driver error code 10 will be resolved.

If you are getting the SD I/O Device Error message then you may need to check the connection between the SD card reader and the computer. You need to check that card reader is properly connected to the computer system. If the card reader is not connected properly then you may receive I/O error message. You can also make sure that there is no dust on the card reader. If there is dust then also you may get I/O error message. Clean the card reader and the I/O error message will be solved.