Thread: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy + Logitech G51 problem

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy + Logitech G51 problem

Before I replaced the motherboard, graphics card, and processor, I had the SB Audigy [8000] version of the software for my sound card. All of the new versions I have downloaded are [BF00]. Also for some reason, the drivers on the CD install [BF00] as well. Previously it didn't. I have the Logitech G51 surround sound speakers, and when I try to use the Gaming Matrix in-game, only some speakers will work. When I turn off the matrix, it becomes more surround sound, but I still do not hear some things - It shouldn't be doing this when the matrix is not turned on. When the matrix is not turned on, you would only be able to hear from the front left and right speakers only. When not playing a game, the Matrix seems to work fine, however when I don't have it turned on, I still get surround sound. Again, that shouldn't be happening.

The Matrix mode in game seems to not play all of the sounds in-game as well.

Outside of games, when I turn the bass and treble via the sound controls by the time display all the way up, and when I start to play music, it sounds garbled. Before this, that wouldn't happen.

Its all worth mentioning that for some reason, my computer does not have the " Audio Device on Definition Audio Bus " driver installed. My computer cannot find the drivers for it though.

With the [8000], when you didn't have the matrix turned on, you would only be able to hear the two speakers in the front. I cannot find the [8000] version online. Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this is?

Any comments are welcome, thank you

Computer specs:

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy
    Speakers: Logitech G51 Surround Sound
    Monitor: LG E2350V
    Graphics: Asus GTX 460 1GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 870A-UD3
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965

Re: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy + Logitech G51 problem

What kind of games are you playing, it might be possible that the game doesnt support the Gaming Matrix in-game. Try uninstalling the all the sound drivers and reinstalling the updated one for your sound card and all. The driver for "Audio Device on Definition Audio Bus" can be downloaded from here. Check the install instructions and don't let windows install automatically and cancel Windows installation and go with the Realtek one.