Thread: 2GB single sided ddr2

2GB single sided ddr2

Friends I need a 2GB single sided ddr2 RAM stick but now I think that it is now desperate of searching for that. I have searched for this everywhere but not able to find that. I have the motherboard which supports up to 8 GB but that is if it is single sided. If it is not that then it will only support5 up to 4 GB. I am leaving this thread over here as a last hope that I can get some useful response from you people. Please provide your suggestion.

Re: 2GB single sided ddr2

There are many memory manufacturer websites that provides the online "memory configurators". I think that you should visit such sites and I am quite sure that you will get the one which you are searching for. You just have to provide the motherboard model number and the site will tell you that which module will function for your system.

The specifications given by the ASUS for P5QL-EM are wrong. This board/chipset do not have such restriction regarding make use of single-sided DIMMs.Intel P43/G43 has the identical support for memory as P45/G45 which is up to 16GB by four double-sided DIMMs. Intel's has P43/G43 boards that have four DIMM slots which is up to 8GB or 16GB by using four double-sided DIMMs. If you observe the specs intended for other ASUS P43/G43 models that has four DIMM slots then you will find that they do not have this limit for 'four side'. So it was a little type of error on the element of ASUS when they do the marketing specifications for this model. I have already posted message regarding this to ASUS but not any response till now.

This seems to be very weird because there is no other P43/G43 boards that is having this restriction. The P43/G43 chipset do not have the limitations like this. I have doubt that if ASUS really make use of a P41 chipset in the board or they have just reused a PCB that is intended for P41 devoid of any adjustment or modification. It is not a restriction for the P43/G43 chipset, so it can just be a bound forced by ASUS design.