Thread: Asus PW201 monitor with integrated webcam does not accept Asus driver for windows 7

Asus PW201 monitor with integrated webcam does not accept Asus driver for windows 7

Hello. I just replaced the HD from IDE to SATA and installed seven completed a 64-bit. Everything ok except I cannot run the webcam built into the monitor (ASUS PW201). In the Asus site there are new drivers for W7, LifeFrame 2 and / or LifeFrame 3 (Asus Consigliatimi from assistance-I have all the mail) so I could start the "damned" who does not want to know come on. The links are used and the hardware (HD aside) is the same: MB Asus P5KC, 4GbRam, CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz, integrated audio, ATI HD 3870 PCI Express. At the end of the troubled experience with Asus support, I have dismissed those drivers. I do not know what to do when I insert the USB into your PC, part of the automated installation driber (rather Research) on Windows Update everything ends with a not found anything! I tried to install the "old" model MW188 MEDIACOM webcam with 3 LEDs on the left and three on the right but not acknowledging the install W7 searched for 64-bit driver and I installed driver "similar "But if you launch the program tells me that there is no webcam. The software is the VIMICRO.com. Tips? I asked (unanswered) on windows live center solution.

Re: Asus PW201 monitor with integrated webcam does not accept Asus driver for windows 7

Otherwise there is a proper exchange of information. The WebCam Monitor Asus PW201 is mounted on a normal standard cam connected via USB. In our database (private, nothing to do with Microsoft) are not problems or incompatibility with 64-bit systems because the systems with 6 of that monitor and XP 64, Vista 64 and Windows 7 64-bit works with the WebCam software I've linked. For this and only occurred after I suggested the clean boot and reinstall the software compatible with making it available on my SkyDrive link. So, by elimination, I deduced that "something" had been confrontational in Windows 7 64-bit and prevent the successful installation of the webcam. That's it. Nothing so complicated.

Re: Asus PW201 monitor with integrated webcam does not accept Asus driver for windows 7

Facing same issue and in this I ran all the steps as you said, point by point, but nothing happened. I had already installed LifeFrame Moreover, both the 2 that the 3 to no avail. The error message that gives me by clicking on the ill-tto ... Lframe2 is written in an alert titled ASUS LifeFrame and after the classic red X says "The model does not support LifeFrame2." I wanted to send the error image but I cannot be? See well that, after uninstalling and cleaning the LF2, LF3 I installed it gives me the exact same result. At this point, I must think it is a hardware problem? I believe that after your answer, I'll call ASUS support again for "further explanation" cannot get away with "the software is too" I await your response also because it was a hardware problem they would be right! Another thing, for your information: In Device Manager there is no trace of the webcam, and the monitor is viewed as "generic". The software of the original CD is not read by w7. Hello

Anyway I redid your procedure and I mounted LifeFrame 2 and the software that manages your webcam in a "compatible bitP X 32" as "states" Windows 7 64-bit.Positive result, and now works with seven. Sometimes the most complex things are resolved in a simple, Lets be a bit but I have little patience. I had not thought to install those programs in a manner compatible with xp 32 bit. Thanks again and many wishes for Christmas and all that follows prox.