Thread: Newly configured PC requires to boot up twice

Newly configured PC requires to boot up twice

My HP computer's PSU lately went quiet, and as an alternative of substituting a expensive tradition power supply I determined to perform an upgrading. I've procured a fresh case with a PSU, motherboard, an AMD chip, memory and a graphic card. After I place the whole thing mutually I added an additional HDD. Soon after i boots up into windows I have to turn the computer two times and windows went into "repair" mode. I have tried it by several changes but nothing solves this at all. Sometime it will boot up without any cause but some time it just locks up. I don’t know what to do now. It is driving me crazy since the issue started. I hope that someone will find the better solution.

Re: Newly configured PC requires to boot up twice

I can’t say that whether it is the issue of new case and its PSU or some other Hardware components. Try the booting the system by removing one by one components. First remove video card, then remove additional HDD. If this didn’t work then change the power strip. Try different power supply unit. I think that while configuring you might have missed something and you can’t able recognize it if it is small thing. Check the BIOS settings and see for any unknown variation compared to other system settings. Does the capacity of PSU is enough for your system specification?

This is not a big issue though because after configuring new PC the user normally reveals any one issue. Incompatible specification is also a major reason for this kind of issue. Change the PSU that came along with the case. Re-install OS and replace RAM. Do you know how to clear or reset the CMOS? Do it and see what you will get. Try different motherboard and see whether it is failure of chipset or not. Reset the memory stick as well as video card. By trying these different configurations you will be able to find out the solution by yourself.

Usually these kinds of problems deceit in the capacitors in the PSU. It'll gradually discharge and not be capable to formulate that primary charge to boot up. On the original charge it will be sufficient to find Motherboard going. But for a moment the capacitors on supplementary parts of the computer would be the setback too. Stare for around clippings where the X ought to be horizontal.

Is your newly installed HDD is an IDE drive? If that case so, do you have any key boot drive on the ending connector (not the middle one)? How it has been selected, as a primary or cable? When you are using the Video card disable the onboard video. Run memtest and some temp testing. If the CPU and GPU temperature is much high than the normal levels then find a solution to lower it down. Did you configure the right voltage value for motherboard and RAM as well as CPU? Does your full memory is recognizing in boot up screen.