Thread: CoolerMaster HAF-X case can damage motherboard chipsets

CoolerMaster HAF-X case can damage motherboard chipsets

I am getting several major issues with my CoolerMaster HAF-X case in my Desktop PC. My HAF-X case has some burn issue with motherboard or a firewire chip on mobo. Currently I am using Asus P7P55D-E motherboard, Corsair 850W TX PSU and HAF-X case. The firewire chip has been burned on subsequent power on. On primary power on I didn't attach LED lighting for frontage expel so LED was turned off. After I turn off PC and connect LED glow, on my subsequent power on I comprise burned VIA Firewire chipset. I removed front section and it is observable design flaw on our HAF-X case. Red wire with the aim of goes to LED button has wrecked separation because of razor-sharp pins from front panel motherboard on which frontage firewire is coupled. In other terms, when front firewire is attached to mother board and when LED switch is turned on, LED switch wire unswervingly contacts one pointed pin from firewire face connector and there we encompass short circuit reasoning firewire chip suffer exhaustion on main board. Now whom I blame for this issue? I don’t know what to do now with this case.

Re: CoolerMaster HAF-X case can damage motherboard chipsets

It seems to me that the motherboard itself is not going to fit properly on that case. You can prevent the damage by following any alternative method if you know one. You can use any shock proof element or object to avoid shock circuit. But your issue was ill-fated. For this the Cooler Master ought to cover up the price of your Motherboard. You contact the coolermaster for the replacement of your case. It supposed to be manufacturer error or fault. If your motherboard under warranty you can somehow replace it with the new one. You must RMA your case as well otherwise such crisis won't get to cooler master. Finally I will thank you for giving out this possible exposure on HAF-X case.

This was a really bad to hear that the Coolermaster has damaged your Firwire chipsets on motherboard. I never heard about this kind of issue that a case becomes an enemy to the mainboard. I will thank you for posting such an issue. I was once a good fan of Coolermaster. Now seeing this thread I like to move to thermaltake. Did you contact the Coolermaster customer care service to receive a complaint about this? You should have to contact them because they will not going to continue the same mistake again and again. If the damage is under condition you will surely get your money back or a replacement. I hope that you are thinking same.

I freshly purchased the HAF X 942 in research for constructing a new-fangled computer. After approaching transversely this thread I got anxious and take away the front panel to capture a look. That has inserted a part of plastic among the front panel and the wires for the peak buttons. So it seems similar to they exposed this was a problem and have predetermined it. Now there is no make contact with between the LED wire and the frontage panel pins. I doubt if they had a bunch of troubles with this and determined to secure it was just an imperfection and they fail to remember to comprise the divider. I have not yet configured the system but I will see what will happen with my old motherboard.

I think that we can somehow fix this issue by ourselves in that case. It is not a big deal to do this. You just need Hardware knowledge to perform this. If you know how to reassemble the case then this won’t be hard for you. But I can’t say who will be responsible for the damage of motherboard. Try some old motherboards which will perfectly going to suite that case and see whether you get the same result or not.