Thread: AW-Q170A-B2 combo dvd burner reads a DVD but does not recognize audio cd

AW-Q170A-B2 combo dvd burner reads a DVD but does not recognize audio cd

I have got a sony AW-Q170A-B2 combo dvd burner, I installed its driver from Newegg . I had installed it in my newly purchased system . I have installed Windows Vista home basic operating system installed in my system . The combo dvd burner reads the installation DVD and also the installation Dvd of any game but whenever I insert any audio cd the operating system asks me to insert appropriate cd. Please help.

Re: AW-Q170A-B2 combo dvd burner reads a DVD but does not recognize audio cd

Well let me confirm that you are inserting a DVD of any software to install any particular and when you are inserting any audio cd your combo drive does not recognize it , well I think it you need some special driver for the audio cd, as far as the audio cd are concerned , their contents cannot be copied so you look in the device manager , whether you’re your burner is missing any driver or not .

I too thought in that way first , I also thought that sice my OM is a combo drive , it will be able ot read the DVD drive but will not be able to write the data on a blank DVD. So as you had suggested I checked the device manager and looked for any missing driver and conflict in it but could not find it. I think some firmware updation is required but do not know so please help me out my issue is still not resolved.

You can check it with e a bootable CD to test your cd dvd burner or you can also use an old cd of Windows xp operating system or Windows Vista, it can be a cd or a DVD , if you are able to boot the system from the cd you have inserted then it is some sort of software issue , but if the system does not boot through those cd you have inserted , then there is some defect in the burner.