Thread: want to buy a new logic board for a old Maxtor hard drive

want to buy a new logic board for a old Maxtor hard drive

I have got a desktop system , I just upgraded my system and did lot of changes in it , I bought intel core i7 processor and upgraded the RAM and installed 8 GB by extending it to my previous 512 MB , I had an old MAxtor hard drive of around 160 GB , but now I have purchased a new one ,my old hard drive is working very fine , but I need a circuit board for my old hard drive , so please let me know as I do not want to throw away my old hard drive as it can be very useful to me , also tell me is it possible to fit a circuit board in the old one . I am waiting for your response.

Re: want to buy a new logic board for a old Maxtor hard drive

I too had an old hard drive like yours, but you said that you want a new logic board for your hard drive, and your hard drive comes from Maxtor, so I do not think that this is should be done, I do not deny that it this can be done but it is out of scope for you home users as in the attempt to slid the damaged circuit board you may damage the whole hard drive , you can hire a hardware technician to your place and he will suggest you what should be done .

As you recommended called the Maxtor for support, and waited a long time to get my call responded, then finally a lady responded to my call and took the necessary dtails from me, which in return I gave her. I also explained her about my hard drive issue but unfortunately she declined. She said me that they do not give any assistance for the parts. So please someone who has gone through such issue post your comment on my query.

I think I can suggest you one way , if your hard drive is running under warranty, you can do one thing, get your hard drive replaced , for that you can use the "advanced replacement" option which will be provided by Maxtor r, they will dispatch you another drive. But that drive will be a refurbished drive , that is it will not be a new one . But if your drive is out of warranty then you cannot get it replaced.