Thread: Whenever I insert a blank DVD my DVD-RAM drive changes to CD-ROM drive

Whenever I insert a blank DVD my DVD-RAM drive changes to CD-ROM drive

Hi I am getting an unusual error on my system. I don’t know why thin is happening and it my system is behaving in this manner. The thing here is that whenever I inert a blank DVD my DVD-RAM drive changes to CD-ROM drive. I am not able to solve this error and also when tried to burn the same disk my Nero also giving me wrong readings that is if I am burning 70 MB then it will show me 70 GB .

Re: Whenever I insert a blank DVD my DVD-RAM drive changes to CD-ROM drive

I think you r system needs a firmware update. Actually it happens when we insert a particular disk and it is been showed wrong to us but this kind of errors can be solved with the help of firmware update. So what you have to do in this case is just do the firmware update on your system as soon as possible and get solve your problem.

Well if Nero is giving you this problem and wrong reading then the Nero that you have installed is corrupted so reinstall it. Actually when the software gets corrupted then it tends to behave in an unusual way. So just do one thing uninstall the Nero that you are using and then install the latest one that is the advanced version of it.

Well don’t worry the DVD or the media that you have inserted is the root cause of the problem. Sometimes the media that we use to burn the data is old or kept for long time or use after long time and that is the reason why it is showing you the wrong readings. Now you have to just check out with any other DVD and then check whether the problem remains the same or not. I hope that it will not the same if you will change the media.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is a definite problem with the DVD reader and writer that you have. Just check out by connecting any other DVD R/W and see whether it works properly or not with the same disk and if it does then surely you have to change it with the latest and the new one. I hope that changing the DVD R/W will help you to resolve your problem.