Thread: Momentus 5400 vs. Momentus XT hybrid

Momentus 5400 vs. Momentus XT hybrid

I am using the Compaq Presario CQ-60 laptop from last few months with the windows vista operating system and the and I am having the Momentus 5400 hard drive and now a days it seems to me that it is giving me some sort of problem. And that is the reason few of mine friends suggested me the Momentus XT hybrid hard drive to go with. Please suggest me how this hard drive goes with other systems. The thing is that I am confused whether to change the drive or to keep the one which I have. Please help me to get out of this confusion.

Re: Momentus 5400 vs. Momentus XT hybrid

Well I will suggest you to be with what you have because I am also using the same one and it is doing well for me and I am sure that there are no serious issues with one you have. What you have to do with your hard disk is DISK Fragmentation. It happens if the data stored on the drive is not proper then it tends to give any kind of problems and the common one is that it slows down. So don’t do anything silly just do the disk fragmentation ad get you problem fixed.

Well the hard disk you are using have some exciting features and I am sure that they will excite you also. So just go through them:
    • It has the Seagate SmartAlig technology that provides you a transition to 4K sectors
    • And if you are dealing with these sectors then no software utility is required.
    • It provides you to class of encryption and that to without degradation.
    • It has a technology which detects the laptops freefall and then swings the hard drives head and keeps the data safe.
    • It has the amazing 7200-RPM and 5400-RPM speed.
    • It enhances the performance and also gets the customized one

Well in this case I will suggest you to go with the Momentus XT hybrid hard drive which the far more advanced than the one that you are using. I think it is better in performance also. It provides you the more than 500 GB of storage options. It has the 4GB of solid state memory. The spindle speed is of 7200 RPM . And 32 MB of drive level cache. It also provides you the Native Command Queuing