Thread: How to increase the WEI score of a hard disk

How to increase the WEI score of a hard disk

I want to increase the WEI score of my hard drive which is showing only 5.9. Actually i want to install some latest application which require more than 5.9 WEI on the hard disk. So is t possible for me to increase the WEI of my hard drive. I am using the Kingston 128GB MLC SSD which is giving e the WEI rating of 5.9. Please help me in this case.

Re: How to increase the WEI score of a hard disk

If you will ask me then mine also is giving me the score of 5.6 and sometimes more than it around 5.9. And still all the latest applications are doing well on it. I just want to say that WEI didn’t really matters for as long as the performance is good. So in this case the WEI that you are getting is fine and will do better work for. So just go on and install the applications you want I know they will work on it and also you will get some exiting effect.

Well according to me there are chances that you can increase the WEI and in that case you have to just go into the device manager and then just select the properties of the appropriate hard drive then in the policies section you will see the option that will allow you turn on or off the write cache. If the write cache is on then turn it off otherwise vice versa. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue that you are facing.

I think the operating system that you are using is VISTA because in vista the WEI score is limited that is upto 5.9 and if you want more than that than you can use Windows 7 . But one thing is for sure that you can’t increase the WEI on its own. So if you really want the high rating then just switch the operating system that you are currently using.

According to me the WEI score is not stable and all the time you will get different reading. So what you have to do is just go with what you have I mean to say that the 5.9 nine score is not bad and this will also give you the perfect reading. I am sure that this will help you to understand what WEI actually is and if you really want more WEI then just go for more memory hard drive like 1TB or more than that .