Thread: Motion web camera and DVD writer is not working after upgrading to Windows 7 in Sony viao

Motion web camera and DVD writer is not working after upgrading to Windows 7 in Sony viao

I purchased Sony WIAO laptop 1 year ago which is a VGN CR 353 model. My laptop came with preinstalled Windows vista and at that time each hardware on my laptop was working fine. I have presently upgraded my operating system to from windows Vista 64-bit to windows 7 64-bit (upgradable). And from then my motion web camera is not operating properly. I thought that I may installed proper driver for the web camera so i have attempted to insert the driver cd's of the web cams era in the DVD writer with the laptop but it is still not working. Cue to this problem after inserting the disc my DVD writer even fails to start after upgrading the operating system from windows vista to windows 7. I m suffering a bit difficulty, while chatting with my online friends through web camera. So is there any solution for this post then please reply me as soon as possible. Help will be thankful.

Re: Motion web camera and DVD writer is not working after upgrading to Windows 7 in Sony viao

If the DVD writer is not working well I think that there is no connection with the operating upgrading. Because the writer always properly in any platform or any motherboard unless it is being damaged. So think there is no issue with the windows 7 up gradation. So my suggestion is that check your dvd writer by inserting some another cd or dvd disc from the drive. So if it is working fine with your other cd’s then there will be no problem with the DVD writer or then there will some issue with your driver cd of the laptop. So check it properly in order to solve the problem. If not so then please reply me again I will try to figure what will other issue with the DVD writer.

Re: Motion web camera and DVD writer is not working after upgrading to Windows 7 in Sony viao

I think that driver which install from the DVD writer is not proper I mean to say that the driver setup which you trying to install is not compatible with the operating system which you currently upgraded on your laptop. So my suggestion is that try to install the proper driver from the CD-ROM if that too not performing well. Then try to find out the appropriate driver for the web camera which is compatible with Windows 7. You can get this driver setup online from the Sony vaio website.

Whenever you try to start any hardware in windows 7 initially for the first time in windows 7. Generally the windows 7 automatically detects the hardware and it try to install the diver by itself since yu have upgraded your operating system from windows vista to windows 7 I think that the operating system may not have detected your hardware which trying to open. Unless the hardware driver is not inside your system it will not start properly. So my suggestion is try to install it manually form the official website of the Sony Vaio and try to install with the windows 7. If that too possible for you then try to install the update version for the web camera which is compatible with windows 7.

The reason for not starting the DVD writer when you upgraded the the operating system of windows vista to windows 7 in your laptop. Because you may had not install the proper driver to run the DVD writer smoothly. I mean to say that when upgraded to the Windows 7. That win 7 have install the driver for the DVD writer that’s why you when you try to insert any DVD or CD inside the DVD writer it is not detecting your DVD or CD inside the writer. Or you can ask for the update driver version for the DVD writer compatible with the Windows 7 from any suitable website.