Thread: Massive ram consumption

Massive ram consumption

Hi, I have on my server (D510 Intel Atom, 2GB RAM, 250GB and 2TB hard drive, installed windows on 1) Windows Server 2008 R2 to run needed, just after the start about 400MB of RAM. But when someone searched using the Windows Explorer to a network share on the server increases the RAM usage so far in the task manager which get down in physical memory around 100% stands and an application after the other crashes, swap file (4GB) after a while but this is also full. Then begin to crash applications in order, to the end only a few have run every server processes and restart. The amount of RAM consumed by the process is less than 300MB if the Ram is full just before (approximately 98%). Does that mean it is not a process which then eats the ram fully?

re: Massive ram consumption

The same problem I am also facing but I get something extra in this actually in my case my state computer when I do a search locally on an attached disk (media, many large files average size, about 7-10GB, as on the server also) by lead, only there I have 8GB ram, so have enough air to above, but it increases the demand for a whopping 6GB. I am now completely at the end, have quite a few hours with a variety of applications, resource monitor, task manager. Updates have been installed all. But till now I am facing this issue. Does anyone any advice?

I think because your hardware which is weak for something for the win server 2k8r2. When network access to the server I'm not even a twitch in the RAM usage. Only small fluctuations in the CPU. So I hope you are facing this issue becauise3 of this only. So as I have suggested to you, you just try that or you search this on to the official forum site. I think there you will get some other great solutions.

Virus scanners are all disabled a file search as soon as I lead you on the server using explorer from another computer from shooting the RAM consumption in the height, arranged only after waiting time it goes down.
    I have to cancel the search. Even after a long wait, there is no improvement:
    On my computer as the problem was completely gone after several reboots, the server remains, however. And again to the weak box-and 2k8r2, it is going really well until this little thing, what has also only recently started making.

The solution which you have given over here I have tried that and I am very happy to tell you that my all the issues are just fixed. And ya I just forget to tell you that I was also facing this kind of issue and in order to fix this I have tried many of the solution which is given on to the many of the forum site but nothing of them work for me. But after trying this, my issue gets solved so for this I am really thankful for you. And if anybody going through the same situation so you guys just go for this solution I hope you will also get solution as I got in my case.