Thread: Need a low profile cooler for LGA 1366

Need a low profile cooler for LGA 1366

I am looking for a low profile cooler for LGA 1366 socket. I had old one, but is not working well. The fan is not spinning at a good speed, although everything looks better in the bios. I do not want a heavy and costly heat sink. Any low profile cpu fan will work here. But in that case also I need a better one. Like some branded coolers. Mostly I surf internet and play games on my system. I have a intel cpu with 2 gb ram. The one benefit of a low profile cooler is that it can work with my existing power supply. I have a low power supply on my system. A regular one will also do, but I am not getting the model which I got at the time of purchase.

Re: Need a low profile cooler for LGA 1366

This has gain a quiet good importance after the release of Core i7 cpu. The old, well-proven models of the LGA 775 series do not fit, unfortunately, the broader the base of the LGA 1366th. Because of this all the manufacturers has to produce new models or retrofit brackets provide ready right. Solutions used were cooler manufacturer Noctua, Scythe, Asus, Zalman, Gelid, titanium, Spire, and of course Intel. You can try out any of the model by manufacturers which I had mentioned. There are ample of cpu cooler available and for the low range there is big list with good cost.

I have a Core i7 cpu. The current Core i7 processors are not only more effective and faster, but also become warmer. All three models have a TPD (loss) of 130 watts. Such processors of course need a decent cooling. Matching models or conversion kits for existing coolers were quickly replenished relative. Manufacturers Noctua and Scythe have since responded relatively quickly and the first manufacturer LGA1366 kits offered free Noctua, Scythe for a small fee. This was the quickest solution, 775 coolers already compatible with new socket to make the good ones.

I am using Boxed cooler. The original cooler from Intel is in the boxed version of the Core i7 920 were there. This cooler is usually just a cheap way to cool the processor. Sufficiency he does, he is also often used, and compatibility is guaranteed. This is the best fitting model which you can try out. It will keep your cpu cool. If you need a better one the you can choose for Noctua. This cooler was the first model available for the 1366th base In the end, he is the Noctua NH-U12P identical. Therefore Noctua suitable for the socket 1366 also offered.

I will recommend you Mugen. This cooler was originally used on our 775 systems and was originally called Infinity. This cooler was since the phenomenon until now a top cooler. The huge size and good cooling performance have always spoken for itself. Scythe also has relatively fast matching LGA1366 conversion kits available. This model can also be converted to the socket 1366. This cooler was characterized mainly because of its enormous quiet initiative.

There is a another cooler called as Titan Fenrir. This cooler was one of the first real LGA1366 cooler. A fairly large tower cooler with a strong, PWM-controlled 120 mm fan. This cooler is compatible to all 3 of 1366 processors. Recently my friend has bought Silent Spirit. This cooler was originally intended for Intel's 775 processor only. But the manufacturer has tested this model on LGA1366 suitability and also matching in 1366 provided a conversion kit available. This model is currently the best for LGA1366 processors. The Asus Triton cooler is a quick and easy change from boxed cooler designed for.