Thread: How can I overcome with the temperature difference of CPU and cooler

How can I overcome with the temperature difference of CPU and cooler

Have been having some overheating troubles with my CPU though I m having Intel i7 core 920 processor with cooler of master hyper n520 cooler with 1800 rpm). The temperature can be shown up to 100% load and maximum heat with prime95 are 72 C maximum at the similar time I manually calculated the temperature at the bottom and it was about 42 C. I was confirmed that temperature by touching it with my bare finger. Isn't this is a large temperature difference? About more than 30 degree Celsius difference is well enough.

Re: How can I overcome with the temperature difference of CPU and cooler

Yeah I also face this problem in the past so I fixed a related problem where the cpu was running warm but the cooler was comparable cool. My friend had immediately installed a latest cooler had did not make tighter cooler down enough. Everything looked good it was really hard to explain it did not shift but it had to be it. No sooner I started to tighten it you could tell it was not down enough. The temperature of the cpu went down quickly as I can able to see on the system.

I am pretty sure that it is definitely placed as the cpu cooler has 4 base screws to guarantee it. I used arctic silver 5 TIM cooler. While on inactive the real temp temperature is the similar as the motherboard reader one but on load the real temp one demonstrates way more (about 16 degree Celsius more). I normally know that intel i7 core are recognized for the ultra high temperature but with an aftermarket cooler I would look forward to something.

Bios didn't have any alternative for Dvid/llc/vdroop but I halted intel's turbo boost that was allowed as well as the idle vcore is 1.058-1.062 while 100% loaded with prime95 it set out up to 1.131-1.135 so the voltage fall and so the temperatures to minimum 43 and maximum 68-69. But yet the cooler is relatively cool at 40 degree Celsius so I have a 30 degree Celsius temperature difference between them: the cooler should work efficiently whenever the cpu heats up.